How to get Xwindows to work with a AGP Voodoo3 2000

Post by jtholme » Wed, 03 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Hi i want to be able to run Xwindows, but because i have a older
> version of Linux i dont know what to do in order to get my card to
> work. Btw i have XFree86 ver 3.3.1 and i tried to install the drivers
> from www.3dfx.com but they were only for ver 3.3.3 or 3.3.5 and it
> didnt work. thats why i need to know what to do to get my videocard
> working in Xwindows,
> some info about my syste

> voodoo3 2000 16mb ,143mhz AGP
> Linux version 5.0 Redhat, the cd that came with the book named Linux
> in 24hours.

I believe the  voodoo's are banshee's and vise versa, therefore you need

the  XF86..3.3.3-5.....  packages,  there are four or five  rpm pkgs,
Server  SVGA,  fonts,  etc.
install the new stuff
rpm -Uvh  XF....

Then run XF86Setup. The mouse may not be usable here so you
may need to use the  tab  key to move around and make selections.
The most critical part appears to be the mouse, if it is MS
Intellimouse,
it needs to be set at  IMPS/2  in pointers section of  XF86Config file
on device   /dev/psaux

--
jtholmes

Post by andr.. » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi i want to be able to run Xwindows, but because i have a older
version of Linux i dont know what to do in order to get my card to
work. Btw i have XFree86 ver 3.3.1 and i tried to install the drivers
from www.3dfx.com but they were only for ver 3.3.3 or 3.3.5 and it
didnt work. thats why i need to know what to do to get my videocard
working in Xwindows,
some info about my syste

voodoo3 2000 16mb ,143mhz AGP
Linux version 5.0 Redhat, the cd that came with the book named Linux
in 24hours.

How to get Xwindows to work with a AGP Voodoo3 2000

Post by Stew Benedi » Thu, 04 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Upgrade your X, then use the drivers.  I've got one working fine on
a Mandrake system.

Stew Benedict

--

1. Putting a Voodoo3 2000 AGP to work...

Hi,
        I program in C++ using OpenGL, and as I needed acceleration, I bought a Voodoo3
2000 AGP 16Mg...

I'm currently running it as a normal video card, but would like to use it at its
full power, I currently have Mesa-3.0 and X3.3.5...

I was thinking on upgrading to Mesa-3.2 and X4, but I know I would also need
Glide, where can I find Glide? and also, there are mixed-up colors in X when I
move/resize windows...  Is there a fix for this?

Thanks,
        Simon

2. help...

3. AGP aperture size for voodoo3/2000?

4. hda: Lost Interrupt

5. Voodoo3 2000 AGP

6. Too many links 4.3-RELEASE

7. Voodoo3 2000 AGP in RH5.2

8. ADAPTEC AHA-2940 PCI SCSI

9. Voodoo3 2000 AGP making funny colors in X

10. Voodoo3 2000 AGP Card...

11. getting canon bjc-2000 working NOT REDHAT

12. help getting V3 2000 to work

13. Help Getting Gateway 2000 Mouse port mouse working w/ X