HELP Alpha AXP 150 vs. 166?

Post by Paul MJonca » Mon, 09 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am looking to buy a used alpha AXP 150(jensen) or 166 to run RedHat
Linux 3.0.3.  I need information on the differences between the two
systems. Considerations are expandability, speed, known bugs or flaws.
Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Also I am looking for a
wholesaler who sells the used systems.
Paul Joncas
--

HELP Alpha AXP 150 vs. 166?

Post by Roger Sibe » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>I am looking to buy a used alpha AXP 150(jensen) or 166 to run RedHat
>Linux 3.0.3.  I need information on the differences between the two
>systems. Considerations are expandability, speed, known bugs or flaws.
>Any help would be appreciated in this matter. Also I am looking for a
>wholesaler who sells the used systems.
>Paul Joncas
>--

Take a look at www.onsale.com they have the 166 alphas on sale/auction
for arount 450-500 each, including the redhat..

1. Help configuring X on DEC Alpha AXP 150!!

Does anyone out there have any experience in getting the X server up
on a DEC AXP 150 (Jensen) ????

My machine is a standard configuration with #9GXE video card, and
the Digital VRC16 monitor.

I can install just fine, but I cant get the X server configured
properly...

When I start X I get "None of the configured devices were detected"

Does anyone have a XF86Config file for this machine which they
can send???

Any help in this matter would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Monty Scroggins
Software Quality Assurance Engineer

2. Problems running Apache under WindowsNT workstation

3. FS: 166 Mhz Alpha AXP Linux system (Germany)

4. SCSI: ST02 + SyQuest Drive problems

5. Booting Alpha AXP 150 (jensen) with Linux - ??

6. Solaris 8 Install on x86 Problem...

7. OpenBSD and Alpha AXP 150

8. Creating World Wide Web Pages

9. Alpha AXP 150 (a.k.a. Jensen)

10. RedHat Linux 6.2 on DECpc AXP 150 Jensen (Alpha)

11. Alpha AXP 150

12. Alpha axp 150 for sell

13. PPro 150 or Cyrix 166+ for Linux