Virtual consoles on two monitors

Post by danie » Wed, 20 Nov 2002 22:38:21

I have an onboard s3 virge (card?) and an ATI pci card. I'd like to use two
monitors, one for the s3virge, where I'd like to have some gettys running
and use the ati card for X, at the same time. But how do linux choose
graphics-card? Is it the BIOS that descides which card that is the
'primary' or if not - how does the kernel descide which card to use when
it's booting. I also wonder how the /dev/tty?* actually is set up, there
must be a way to have tty:s in both monitors.
I can see both cards in /proc/pci...

------
daniel