Linux Compatible Flash-Based MP3 Players

Linux Compatible Flash-Based MP3 Players

Post by Mr. I.M. Kitt » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 01:46:47

(forgive the cross-post)

I'm looking for some flash-based MP3 players (about 128MB) and roughly
between the $40 and $80 ranges.

They don't have to be expandable in any way.

I like the following but not sure if they'd work with Linux:
* BUSlink MP3-BD128 MP3 Player
* Micro Star International Computer MEGA STICK 1 MP3 Player
* Lexar Media MP128-231 MP3 Player

Has anyone had any experience with the above listed MP3 players working
under Linux "out of the box?"

Does anyone have any other suggestions that aren't on this list?

Is there a site somewhere which has a comprehensive list of
compatability for flash-based MP3 players?

Any and all HELP would be appreciated.  ^_^

Linux Compatible Flash-Based MP3 Players

Post by Steve Wolf » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 03:11:37

Quote:> I'm looking for some flash-based MP3 players (about 128MB) and roughly
> between the $40 and $80 ranges.

  You can buy a Cruzer Micro (up to 512 megs) and their Cruzer Companion for
about $45.  It plays right off of the Micro, so you can add/remove songs as
necessary, and you get a flash drive to boot.  They sound pretty decent,
especially considering the low cost.

steve

Post by Mr. I.M. Kitt » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 04:57:01

>>I'm looking for some flash-based MP3 players (about 128MB) and roughly
>>between the $40 and $80 ranges.

>   You can buy a Cruzer Micro (up to 512 megs) and their Cruzer Companion for
> about $45.  It plays right off of the Micro, so you can add/remove songs as
> necessary, and you get a flash drive to boot.  They sound pretty decent,
> especially considering the low cost.

Well, I should've specified this: these are for pair of *aged girls
and these particular girls have a bad habit of losing things easily, so
I didn't want to get anything terribly expensive.  This goes without
saying that their mother uses Linux.

I found an MP3 player that works as a flash drive on Linux - the Omisys
MP-312 Pen Drive:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

$33 isn't a bad deal on it.

Post by Tomaz Cedilni » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:42:44

>>> I'm looking for some flash-based MP3 players (about 128MB) and roughly
>>> between the $40 and $80 ranges.

>>   You can buy a Cruzer Micro (up to 512 megs) and their Cruzer
>> Companion for
>> about $45.  It plays right off of the Micro, so you can add/remove
>> songs as
>> necessary, and you get a flash drive to boot.  They sound pretty decent,
>> especially considering the low cost.

> Well, I should've specified this: these are for pair of *aged girls
> and these particular girls have a bad habit of losing things easily, so
> I didn't want to get anything terribly expensive.  This goes without
> saying that their mother uses Linux.

> I found an MP3 player that works as a flash drive on Linux - the Omisys
> MP-312 Pen Drive:

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> $33 isn't a bad deal on it.

It has to be a USB mass storage device (goes for an MP3 player, a
digital camera, a mobile phone, a bare USB drive etc.), that's it. Then
it works with a built-in generic USB mass storage driver, be under Linux
(new enough) or Windows (newer than 98SE - so I've read).

Tom

1. Macromedia Flash Player plug-in requires an Intel x86-based Linux

How do we install Netscape plugins in linuxPPC?
Heinz
 Macromedia
 Flash Player 5
 Netscape Plug-in for Linux

 Macromedia is proud to release the Macromedia Flash Player 5 Netscape
plug-in for
 the Linux operating system.

 Supported Distributions
 -----------------------

The Macromedia Flash Player plug-in requires an Intel x86-based Linux
 distribution with ELF binary support. The distribution must
 support the GNU C library (glibc 2.0 or greater). Distributions
 that meet these requirements include:

 - RedHat 5.x, 6.x, 7.0

The plugin should work for more recent distributions as well.

MkLinux for Power Macintosh is not currently supported.

2. Server not responding to any commands

3. Compact Flash Mem for mp3 player (RCA Lyra)

4. My system is too slow!

5. Flash mp3 player PDP2225 not working as USB-drive?

6. Asus V3400TNT

7. PowerPC based Car MP3 Player

8. kswapd/VM problem in 2.5.1-pre1

9. Memory based MP3 player recommendation?

10. please recommend a console-based MP3 player

11. Need mp3 to mpy file converter for RCA Lyra RD1080 mp3 player

12. MP3 Player 4 MP3 CD's?

13. Sound, Real Player, and MP3 players