Need HELP!!! master boot record defective.

Need HELP!!! master boot record defective.

Post by Rasmin van Kess » Sun, 05 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I had Lilo installed in the master boot record and got usually a menu to
choose the operating system I want to boot. Actually, I only get 'LI' when I
turn the power on and then the system hangs. I think, the master boot record
could be defective. Do you know any tool (for DOS) that makes my hard disk
partition(s) bootable again? How can I delete Lilo from the MBR?

Need HELP!!! master boot record defective.

Post by Henrik Soderstro » Tue, 07 Nov 1995 04:00:00

To make it DOS-bootable use the DOS-command "fdisk /mbr"
- also check with DOS fdisk that the partition you want to
boot DOS from is marked as the active partition.

1. Need HELP - master boot record defective!

Hi,

I had Lilo installed in the master boot record and got usually a menu to
choose the operating system I want to boot. Actually, I only get 'LI' when I
turn the power on and then the system hangs. I think, the master boot record
could be defective. Do you know any tool (for DOS) that makes my hard disk
partition(s) bootable again? How can I delete Lilo from the MBR?

2. mk bootable dos cd

3. Need to restore Master Boot Record-forgot command-Help!

4. rlogin whitout password not possible.

5. Boot problem of the 2nd disk: defective boot record

6. pppd and isdnm, VJ problem

7. Need to load master boot record

8. any linux software for hauppage wintv pvr 250 ?

9. Need to get LILO to re-write to the Master Boot Record

10. LILO in my Master Boot Record? HELP

11. Help! LILO overwrote my master boot record

12. HELP!! LILO Overwritten Master Boot Record!

13. Help: reinstalling DOS - LILO - Master Boot Record