Multiport Serial Board: Equinox Megaport 12CS

Multiport Serial Board: Equinox Megaport 12CS

Post by Paul Camiller » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone have any information on the Equinox Megaport series of
boards?  The one I have is ISA..

I know the newer SST models are supported, however, I haven't found any
reference to the Megaport line in the Serial HOWTO, Equinox website, or
Hardware compatibility lists...

Is writing a driver out of the question?  I'd have a lot to learn, but
what would be needed?

1. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

I am interested to hear more info on the Ethernet based terminal servers
mentioned above for the low entry models.

In fact I have the following situation: one linux box used to link via
SLIP serial connections and LEASED lines my LAN with two other LAN'S
(at both other ends of the lines there are linux boxes). The connections
use two pairs of Penril modems (for leased lines) and some home made
scripts (usual slattach, ifconfig and route stuff). All three serial ports
on the main linux box are now used.
Now all three linux boxes serial boards don't support more than 9600 bps
while the modems support 28,8 kbps and I would like to rise the speed
of the serial lines.

For the moment I don't have a good idea how to do it. Indeed using
terminal servers could turn to be not only expensive but also could lead
to some routing problems. On the other hand using high speed serial boards
could lead to problems concerning the special drivers and the fact that
here I don't seek the usual "logging (dialing) into a linux box process" but
connecting LAN's 24 hours per day with a resonable automatized mechanism
of recovery in case of failure.

If someone can help me with these problems, please reply also to:

Thank you.
Nicolae Mihalache

Institut de Mathematiques de Jussieu

2. why is opensshd "filtered"

3. Equinox SST Multiport Serial Card Drivers?

4. Minimal Solaris 2.6 install 4 NES 3.63`

5. FS: Equinox multiport serial hardware

6. traffic shaping w/ network aliasing?

7. Equinox multiport serial card

8. pam_tally module

9. Boca Board Multiport Serial Board