Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Post by Cybersnak » Wed, 28 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hiya all,
i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
right when i move to the left.
i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
but no luck.
I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
connector.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,

Roger

Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Post by Beat Rup » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ursprngliche Nachricht <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

zum Thema Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server:

Quote:> Hiya all,
> i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
> If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser
jumps
> left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and
1 step
> right when i move to the left.
> i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in
mouseconfig
> but no luck.
> I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed
the
> resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.
> i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.
> I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
> connector.

OEM mice from Logitech (they have a b/w logo) are *for Linux. I
just replaced mine with a cheap M$ Intellimouse (hey, it was cheap!)
and it works perfectly. You have to set your mouse to a simple
standard PS/2 mouse and it will work as such but NO wheel...

try a search on deja, there is a very good page describing all those
logi mice for linux....

beat

Post by Bill Staplet » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

|> zum Thema Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server:
|>
|> > Hiya all,
|> > i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
|> > I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
|>
|> > connector.

|> OEM mice from Logitech (they have a b/w logo) are *for Linux. I
|> just replaced mine with a cheap M$ Intellimouse (hey, it was cheap!)
|> and it works perfectly. You have to set your mouse to a simple
|> standard PS/2 mouse and it will work as such but NO wheel...

Recent X distributions recognize it:

        Protocol    "IMPS/2"  # or "intellimouse" for serial
        ZAxisMapping 4 5

Recent RedHat distributions have some of the X-Resources settings that
allow the wheel to scroll the page.

See this page for more info about wheel mice & X:

        http://www.veryComputer.com/

I've been using my Intellimouse with the wheel for quite some time and
I love it...

--
Bill Stapleton                          University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee

    Web Janitor, http://www.veryComputer.com/;           Technical Solutions

Kangaroo-mouse under Redhat 6.0 X-server

Post by Cris Johns » Sat, 31 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have a mouse that behaves similarly to that described below.  It is a PS/2
mouse attached to a Dell 486 motherboard, and I have recently discovered
that on this particular motherboard, the top 1k of the 640k base memory
is specified as "PS/2 mouse data area".  I've no idea if this is part of
the normal PS/2 mouse design or if it is Dell's own invention, if it even
matters.  Guidance how I might check further?  While I'm a reasonable C
coder, I could use some pointers for how to approach the kernel and how
it uses base memory.  Thanks for any help.

Quote:>Hiya all,
>i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
>If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
>left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
>right when i move to the left.
>i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
>but no luck.
>I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
>resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

>i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

>I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
>connector.

>Thanks for any help in advance.

>Best Regards,

>Roger

1. Kangaroo-mouse under RedHat 6.0 x-server

Hiya all,
i got a little problem with my new Mouse.
If i installed it, and select the proper "driver" for it, the curser jumps
left and right when i move the mouse. something like 2 steps left and 1 step
right when i move to the left.
i tried another mouse, but no chance. i tried all "drivers" in mouseconfig
but no luck.
I reinstalled the whole system and once more no luck. I also changed the
resolution of the monitor, but maybe you'll guess, no luck.

i would be very, very happy for any comment that can help me.

I have a 3 button mouse(logitech M-S48) with a scroll wheel and a PS/2
connector.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Best Regards,

Roger

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (1/7) [Frequent posting]

3. Best commercial X-server Redhat 6.0

4. Mysql config probs

5. redhat Linux 6.0 Resolution X-server

6. praliases problem

7. X-server and mouse

8. modem locked but I can't find the lock file

9. bus mouse hangs up X-server when switching from virtual terminal

10. Middle Mouse Button & X-Server

11. Configuring Mouse In xf86config For X-Server

12. X-Server Mouse Configuration Woes

13. RedHat LINUX4.1 X-SERVER PROBLEM