Color Scanner

Post by Andrew J. Lou » Tue, 04 Jun 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if anyone out there uses a color scanner under Linux and
is happy with the performance.  I am thinking of purchasing a Hewlett
Packard Scanjet 4C or 4P and was wondering if there are any drivers
available for this scanner.

I did check the HOWTO and it said that there are drivers available for
the HP Scanjet 2 series--do these drivers work with the 4C or 4P?

Any comments are appreciated.

Andrew

 Andrew J. Louie              Computer Science Department, UCLA
 office:  3564D Boelter Hall   phone: (310)825-8524  fax: (310)825-7578
 WWW: <http://ficus-www.cs.ucla.edu/ficus-members/alouie/>

Color Scanner

Post by geor.. » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I was wondering if anyone out there uses a color scanner under Linux and
>is happy with the performance.  I am thinking of purchasing a Hewlett
>Packard Scanjet 4C or 4P and was wondering if there are any drivers
>available for this scanner.

>I did check the HOWTO and it said that there are drivers available for
>the HP Scanjet 2 series--do these drivers work with the 4C or 4P?

>Any comments are appreciated.

I recently got an HP 4C and it works well under linux. I connected it to
my Adaptec 1542C instead of using the card that came with it (according
to the HARDWARE-HOWTO the HP supplied card isn't fully supported).

There is a program that lets you scan from the command line (named
something like hpscanpnm). It works through the generic SCSI driver that
is already built into my 1.2.8 kernel (no patching necessary). I'm also
ordering a copy of xvscan to make operating it easier. I *think* xvscan
also goes through the generic scsi driver...

George Koharchik
My opinions only...

Color Scanner

Post by Leonard N. Zubkof » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

  I recently got an HP 4C and it works well under linux. I connected it to
  my Adaptec 1542C instead of using the card that came with it (according
  to the HARDWARE-HOWTO the HP supplied card isn't fully supported).

  There is a program that lets you scan from the command line (named
  something like hpscanpnm). It works through the generic SCSI driver that
  is already built into my 1.2.8 kernel (no patching necessary). I'm also
  ordering a copy of xvscan to make operating it easier. I *think* xvscan
  also goes through the generic scsi driver...

XVscan does use the generic SCSI driver, and it works very well with my
4C.  I am very pleased with the combination.

                Leonard

1. Help!!! PageScan color scanner by Logitech

Help!!! PageScan color scanner by Logitech
Software install and went well all wires power cable, scanner cables
connected to parallel port. When I get to the calibration card my
computer do not detect the scanner. The parallel port of my computer
is ok because when i unplug the scanner the printer works great.
My computer is a Gateway2000 Pentium 133 MHZ, 16MB of ram, 1.6 GH,
matrox MGA graphic, 6x cd rom, MS Window 95, my printer is Epson
Stylus Color.
I e-mail logitech  without succes  they seem to be busy at somethings
else then their own customers satisfaction of after sales service.
Is there any one that can help me please!
Pierre

2. Can't find mouse

3. Linux support for IBM ADF Color Scanner?

4. Intel EE Pro/10 support?

5. Linux Supported Color Scanner...

6. Sun ONE Studio 9, Compiler Collection available?

7. Primax handheld color scanner

8. need ppp help

9. A4 TECH AC 4096 COLOR SCANNER

10. Color Scanners??

11. Canon FB-630P Color Scanner

12. HP 5100C Color Scanner

13. Full-page color scanners for use with Linux?