good 64 bit laptop recommendation ...

Post by weevi » Tue, 30 May 2006 06:55:10

hello,

i'm looking for a good 64 bit laptop, i suppose that means amd of some
form. i recently bought an HP compaq nx6125 which i've returned 4 times
for various reasons, a constant has been wireless problems with the
broadcom 4319 chipset (even with win Xp) and big acpi problems on linux.
can anyone recommend a equivalent 64 bit laptop in the 2k canadian range

thanks.

Post by Lenar » Tue, 30 May 2006 09:28:40

> hello,

> i'm looking for a good 64 bit laptop, i suppose that means amd of some
> form. i recently bought an HP compaq nx6125 which i've returned 4 times
> for various reasons, a constant has been wireless problems with the
> broadcom 4319 chipset (even with win Xp) and big acpi problems on linux.
> can anyone recommend a equivalent 64 bit laptop in the 2k canadian range

> thanks.

One of the Acer Aspire 5000 series; http://panam.acer.com/AcerPanAm.html

have one of the AS5002WLMi-100GB myself.

--
"A personal computer is called a personal computer because it's yours,
Anything that runs on that computer, you should have control over."

Post by Chri » Thu, 01 Jun 2006 19:15:20

> hello,

> i'm looking for a good 64 bit laptop, i suppose that means amd of some
> form. i recently bought an HP compaq nx6125 which i've returned 4
> times for various reasons, a constant has been wireless problems with
> the broadcom 4319 chipset (even with win Xp) and big acpi problems on
> linux. can anyone recommend a equivalent 64 bit laptop in the 2k
> canadian range

I know it's probably a bit late now, but did you see this site?

http://home.telkomsa.net/richm/hp-nx6125.html

Also, it seems that the laptop is certified to work with Novell Linux
Desktop 9. Note wireless connectivity wasn't tested :-(

http://developer.novell.com/yes/83503.htm

What distro were/are you using?

1. 64 bit Unix (esp. 64 bit IO)

Hi

we are planning to install a large db & file server this year.
All the OS tends to go in the 64 bit direction, so it would
be nice to know a bit what's available today
(or the near future).

I'd be very pleased if you could provide me with some information
about the major plattforms
(AIX,Solaris,HP-UX,IRIX,Digital Unix,SCO, ...
 and WinNT <hope this is not blasphemy :-) >

Filesystem Type (log based or not, ...)
Max. FilesystemSize
Max. FileSize
Max. Virtual Memory Size
True 64-bit (or IO only)

Many thanks
and I'll summarize if there is an interest.

S.Gattert
sni hannover - vt storage solutions

--

2. ftp won't let anyone in!

3. host mastered 64 bit wide transfers to 64 bit PCI slot?

4. Help me with atapi HP SureStore 7100 CD-writer!

5. performance of runing 32/64 bit program in 64 bit kernel.

6. notebook freezes while playing mp3s :(

7. HALstation (64-bit processor running 64-bit Solaris) as webserver

8. Messages on lft0 after upgrade to AIX4.2.1

9. Is 64-bit Linux "true" 64 bit thru-and-thru??

10. IBM announces 64-bit mainframes and 64-bit Linux for S/390

11. 64-bit Sparc laptop

12. *good* 64-bit random number generator.

13. FWD: 64 Days to 64-bit x86 Computing!