external CD-ROM for ThinkPad 755CX

Post by Steve Hultquis » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

> Could anybody recommend an external CD-ROM for the IBM ThinkPad 755CX
> (or similar) ?

What I have done is bought a SCSI PC Card and used it connect to any of the
random SCSI CD ROMs available (portable or not).

ssh

Post by Jarek Nieploch » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Could anybody recommend an external CD-ROM for the IBM ThinkPad 755CX
(or similar) ?

Thanks,

Jarek

Post by geem » Sun, 08 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>> Could anybody recommend an external CD-ROM for the IBM ThinkPad 755CX
>> (or similar) ?
>What I have done is bought a SCSI PC Card and used it connect to any of the
>random SCSI CD ROMs available (portable or not).
>ssh

I have been using Adaptec 1460 Slim SCSI for almost a year without ANY
problems.  I have an external HD, Plextor CDROM and a ZIP connected.
Plain and simple, IMHO, the Slim SCSI just works!

1. external cd-rom or dvd-rom for redhat 7.2

hello - could anyone recommend an external cd-rom or dvd-rom that will
work under a default laptop installation of redhat 7.2? I have a dell
c610 with W2K installed and wish to install redhat 7.2 and then use
the drive with it. I am assuming that using a PCMCIA or parallel
connection would be easier than configuring USB? and help would be
appreciated. thanks.

2. snmpXdmid error

3. thinkpad 755cx, dock I, SCSI CD

4. How to drop DTR in NetBSD?

5. SAF CD-R as External CD-ROM For Sparcstation 10 ?

6. XFree86 V 3.3.2 problem

8. Convert hexadecimal to decimal?

9. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

10. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM

11. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

12. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

13. CD-ROm ? WHat CD-ROM