Has anyone gotten a SIIG Soundwave 1000 Soundcard to work under Linux?

Has anyone gotten a SIIG Soundwave 1000 Soundcard to work under Linux?

Post by Kenneth P. Turv » Fri, 13 Mar 1998 04:00:00

SIIG sells a soundcard that is billed to have an OPL3 and be sound
blaster compatible under the name above.  Don't buy it.  It is only
marginally compatible with the sound blaster card and doesn't really
have an OPL3 on it.  It is emulated in software.  Unfortunately I
already told a friend of mine that it would probably work and he
purchased it for $30 dollars.  Now if I can't get it to work I am going
to feel obligated to purchase the thing from him.

Has anyone out there convinced this beast to sing?  Any help would be
appreciated.  I don't really need or want a new sound card :-)

Next time I will check the HOWTO for a compatiblity list and not trust
the vendor.  Live and learn.

--

An atheist is a man with no invisible means of support.
        -- John Buchan