Linux install of IBM Valuepoint - HELP!!

Linux install of IBM Valuepoint - HELP!!

Post by Terry Srade » Sun, 14 May 2000 04:00:00

I have 5 IBM Valuepoint 486 pcs that i'm wanting to install linux on.
problem is that i have no cdrom drives for these machines.  can anyone help
me to do "floppy"
install so i can ftp linux from 6.2 server?

also, i read somewhere that on install to the valuepoint pc, must tell linux
the type of hd or something like that??

any help is appreciated.

regards

1. Help installing Linux on IBM PS/ValuePoint

I'm desperately trying to install Linux on a ValuePoint. The bootdisk can't see
my hd. I don't know wheather I am entering the right information: mount (?)
hd=1010,16,51...
When checking the partition, Linux finds my hd "busy". If you can help me,

if succesful. If I can't install Linux I think I will cut my veins. Aaaaaghhhhh!
Thnaks for your time.

2. Can't Telnet as root

3. Help! Installing Slackware on IBM ValuePoint...

4. Trouble with virtual hosts with Apache 1.0 under Linux 1.2.8

5. Installing Linux on IBM Valuepoint

6. trying to throttle ftp

7. installing Linux on an IBM ValuePoint

8. deleting files of a certain date?

9. Linux IBM PS/Valuepoint Install

10. install linux to IBM PC/ValuePoint => fdisk cant read dev/hda

11. HELP! IBM Valuepoint Linux Instillation

12. Help configuring Linux/X on an IBM valuepoint PC

13. Install on IBM ValuePoint