pcmcia eth. card on toshiba 700CT

Post by dun.. » Fri, 24 May 2002 22:53:28

I have bought pcmcia ethernet card. My Toshiba 700CT notebook 133MHz pentium does not to work with it.
Would it help to recompile my kernel to 2.4.18? I know that toshiba uses non standatd PCMCIA serveices system TOPIC95.
DuNSuN

1. Toshiba Tecra 700CT can't identify PCMCIA card (3C589C)

I have a Toshiba Tecra 700CT running Mandrake 6.1, with PCMCIA v3.1.  PCMCIA
starts okay, but when I insert a card (or during boot-up if the card is
inserted), I hear a low beep followed by a high beep.  I'm assuming that the
low beep means that the card can't be identified, as /var/log/messages shows
it as "Anonymous Memory".  The card, a 3Com 3C589C, is identified correctly
by the 3Com diagnostic utility in DOS.

I understand that changing the BIOS setting from Card Bus to 16-bit mode is
supposed to fix this, but I don't see any way of changing this from within
the BIOS (version 5.5).  I've tried to update to the current BIOS (v5.6),
but when I try this, I get an error that says it's not the right version of
Flash ROM.

Is there another way to change the BIOS setting, or is there a way I can
update the BIOS so that it provides this option?

Thanks,

Max

2. Partitions

3. 3c589c PCMCIA, Toshiba Tecra 700CT and Suse 6.3

4. Will Linux ignore (bogus) BIOS settings?

5. XFree86 problem on TOSHIBA Tecra 700CT

6. Mountain TD4000 under Linux 1.1.59

7. Toshiba Tecra 700CT ?

8. "man" Help needed

9. Toshiba 220CS Notebook + NE2000 PCMCIA-Card + Adataptec 1480A SlimSCSI Card = Problems

10. How do I setup (beyound VGA) my Toshiba Tecra 700CT video

11. IBM "Home & Away" ETH/MODEM PCMCIA CARD

12. openbsd 3.3 + (supported) PCMCIA eth. card, quick question.

13. pcmcia 100Mbit eth card on powerbook