Creative 4224 CD-RW

Post by Rand » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

Antbody using this drive in Linux.  I am thinking about buying
one but have not seen it listed as supported. Thanks in advance.
Randy.

Creative 4224 CD-RW

Post by Rand » Fri, 04 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Antbody using this drive in Linux.  I am thinking about buying
> one but have not seen it listed as supported. Thanks in advance.
> Randy.

(With the slight possibility someone might need this info, I wrote...)

Many thanks for your replies!

Oh well, gave up and bought the drive anyway.  Much to my exuberation
it appears to be a mmc-compliant drive or at least is recognized as such.
Docs say RedHat 5.2 or later is compatible out of the box, but using X-CDRoast
0.96e on my old "alternative" libc5 sys. took a Tcl/Tk re-compile and works to date
very successfully.

Here's XCDRoast
http://www.fh-muenchen.de/rz/xcdroast