What Tape Libraries/Autoloader are compatible with Linux?

What Tape Libraries/Autoloader are compatible with Linux?

Post by Scot » Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:00:00

We are currently considering the purchasing HP's DLT 718 Autoloader
(http://www.automatedbackup.com/Hp718.htm).

  Will the DLT 718 Autoloader work with Linux?
  What software is available that will work with this Autoloader?
  Will Amanda work with this Autoloader?

  We also have a requirement to backup Windows 9x/NT workstations, what software will allow us to
backup these systems to the Linux Server?

Thanks

Scot

PS. Please send replies to the newsgroup only.

What Tape Libraries/Autoloader are compatible with Linux?

Post by Tony Plat » Sun, 19 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have the perfect answer

www.arkeia.com

Software and a list of libraries it supports, and it will back up your NT /
SCO / 95 boxes tooooo

Tony Platt

>We are currently considering the purchasing HP's DLT 718 Autoloader
>(http://www.automatedbackup.com/Hp718.htm).

>  Will the DLT 718 Autoloader work with Linux?
>  What software is available that will work with this Autoloader?
>  Will Amanda work with this Autoloader?

>  We also have a requirement to backup Windows 9x/NT workstations, what

software will allow us to
Quote:>backup these systems to the Linux Server?

>Thanks

>Scot

>PS. Please send replies to the newsgroup only.

1. Conner 4584 DAT tape backup with 12 tape Autoloader

I just got a Conner 4584 DAT tape backup with the 12 tape Autoloader, it
is a nice drive. Linux sees the drive and everything, but I don't know
how to make it select tapes with the Autoloader. Is this drive supported
under linux?

Nathan Stratton           CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Your Gateway to the World!
Phone   (703)524-4800                          NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite 5

WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about
itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."               Matthew 6:34

2. Setting the clock from cmd line

3. Tape-Autoloader for linux?

4. LILO and Warp

5. Any compressed mode tape drive or autoloader supported under linux (Redhat 6.0)?

6. top 10 questions

7. linux update to java compatible libraries

8. oorinco monitor mode doesn't work!

9. What tape device is compatible for LINUX?

10. DDS-3 autoloader 4mm tape system

11. Command to control tape autoloader

12. 4mm autoloader != 4Gig for all tapes

13. tape autoloader questions.....