Turtle Beach Montego II

Post by TheSaint Inc » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone got the Turtle Beach Montego II sound card to work?I'm running
Red Hat 6.0 and  I'd appreciate any input you might have. Thanks in advance.

Turtle Beach Montego II

Post by J. Blai » Thu, 08 Jul 1999 04:00:00

short ans...no.
it's an aureal au8830 vortex 2 chipset.  oss (opensound.com) is a commercial
sound option...(i think it's $20-40 dep on what you want)...and they're
trying to get it to work.  they have a beta for the vortex 1 au8820, though
it's not the good from what i'm told.  they're trying to get better ones
made for both chipsets.  visit oss and learn for yourself.
cheers,
jimmy

Quote:> Has anyone got the Turtle Beach Montego II sound card to work?I'm running
> Red Hat 6.0 and  I'd appreciate any input you might have. Thanks in
advance.

1. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D Support

Has anyone gotten this sound card to work under linux?  Even if it was
limited or restricted use.  I can't get mine to work at all.
Unfortunately, not even OSS looks like they will be having support for
it any time soon.  Supposedly, they are trying.  But if anyone has
even gotten this card to make any noise at all, I'd sure like to know
how you did it.  My system is a Dell XPS 450 if that helps.

Skip

2. ANNOUNCE: PLP 3.4.11, lpd spooler system implementation

3. Turtle Beach Montego-II on Dell for RH 6.2!!??

4. pointers required

5. Turtle Beach Montego II support?

6. Kernel 1.2.4 compiling error !

7. Turtle Beach Montego II A3D support

8. Help, I can setup up my modem use more then 19200bps

9. DELL OEM Turtle Beach Montego II sound card for RH 7.3?

10. Turtle Beach Montego II

11. Turtle Beach Montego II sound card and V90 internal modem setup

12. Turtle Beach Montego II does not work

13. OSS & Turtle Beach Montego II