VIA MVP3 Native support?

Post by Erno Tuomaine » Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:00:00

 Now, I bet this question has been asked before but...

 Is there going to be native support for VIA MVP3 PC-chipset in Linux kernel.
Mainboards equipped with these chipsets are becoming more and more popular due
to it's capability to achieve 100MHz FSB with Socket7 processors.

 I got mine last wednesday and the Linux seems to be working fine (2.1.103 and
now 2.1.109).

--
Erno Tuomainen                   void hello(void) {

http://www.evitech.fi/~ernomat   }

1. VIA MVP3 UDMA Support in 2.0.36

<delurk>
I know my standard Redhat 2.0.36 kernel doesn't have the UDMA support for
anything other than the Intel Triton chips... where do I go to get the patch
for a 2.0.36 kernel?

Board is one of those Super 7 boards running VIA chips and a K6/2-300.

I looked at the dyer.vanderbuilt.edu site, but the patches listed all seem
to be for the 2.2 series or 2.0.37 and require them.  Also, no documentation
seems to be on that site...leading to my second question.

The patch procedure?  isn't it something like...
cp patch to /usr/src/linux
patch -p0 < (patchname)
grep for rejected...

Haven't patched a kernel since 1.2.13 some years ago...

Got two Maxtor UDMA disk drives that are slow without DMA support.  Have
memories of older Seagate drive in older system running PIO4/DMA on and
being very fast.

TIA,
Brent
<lurk>
----------
Brent Willcox
University of North Texas
mail:bwillcox at jove acs unt edu
***The Network Is The Computer***
(spamblock in use, remove obvious to reply)

2. Convert Spaces to Underscores?

3. UDMA support for VIA MVP3 (epox) chipsets ? ? ?

4. HELP! Linux wont see laptop's cdrom

5. Distribution with native /usr-via nfs support

6. mirror VG

7. VIA MVP3 based board soft poweroff

8. launching a gui app at boot under linux

9. Help - disk I/O corruption with DFI K-6 mb/VIA MVP3 chipset

10. System hangs reading CDROM/IDE in 2.4.x with VIA MVP3 chipset.

11. via vp3 &mvp3

12. Via MVP3 100mhz socket 7 chipset???

13. what about ali aladdin IV+/V and via VP3/MVP3?