Modem need help

Post by Hap » Thu, 15 Oct 1998 04:00:00

is it pnp?

Quote:> hi, i have a Zoltrix internal 33.6 HSP PCtel chipset modem.
>   anyone can teach me how to configure it in RedHat 5.1
>   i am using com4 in Win95.

> thanks.

Modem need help

Post by yeet » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

hi, i have a Zoltrix internal 33.6 HSP PCtel chipset modem.
  anyone can teach me how to configure it in RedHat 5.1
  i am using com4 in Win95.

thanks.

Modem need help

Post by yeet » Fri, 16 Oct 1998 04:00:00

yes, it is a pnp card.

Modem need help

Post by José Ure? » Sat, 17 Oct 1998 04:00:00

if you can disable pnp for the modem, disable it.

Quote:> yes, it is a pnp card.

Modem need help

Post by ¤j2? » Sun, 18 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I am using a K56flex modem and a V.90 modem. Both of them could not
work with Linux. I can hear the dial out sound and around 15 to 20
seconds of strange sound (I think it is the handshake sound between my
modem and the isp modem). But other that, the line is cut. May anyone
out there have this kind of problem before? How did you do to solve
the problem? Thanks for your help in advance!

1. Input/Output error when using setserial while trying to set up modem need help

Hello,

I am running mandrake 8.0 kernel 2.4.2
I have The new 56k usr pro modem that is sopposed to work
with linux But From what I have read from the input from other people
it still needs to use the setserial command but when I type in the command
that would make my modem work I get an "Input/Output error "

If any body knows how to fix this I would be greatfull

I cantacted usr tech support and they had no clue all they said is that it
should have worked as soon as I entered it in the system

Thanks.........

2. libc.4.5.19 broke smail?!

3. NAT, ADSL and PairGain Modem....Need Help

4. Kernel Panic: Promise Ultra66 and Sound Blaster Live! Value

5. linux box set up, no cd rom, no modem, need help

6. Help with iBCS2

7. modem-need help

8. PLEASE HELP: My keyboard won't emulate the mouse properly!

9. USR 56K int modem - Need help killing speaker!

10. problems with mouse & modem, need help !

11. Problems with USR Modem, need help!!!

12. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

13. Need Help w/ Modem--"Sorry modem is busy" error