Q: XFREE 3.3.1 and ATI Xpert@Play? How does it work?

Post by Christian Sche » Sat, 20 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

not get it work properly under XFree 3.3.1. We tried the tips given "here".
(chip id and revision into the xf86config file) but things are still far from
beeing OK. The X server (Mach64) acts at startup as if it could handle the
board - even up to 1600X1200. BUT things do look really bad even at 800X600
which is somewhat working but not really.
Now what do we have to do...?

I'd appreciate any tip!

Thanx

        Christian

Christian Scheer

Institut f"ur Phonetik
Universit"at M"unchen
Schellingstr. 3
80799 M"unchen
tel:       089 21802812

1. ATI Xpert@Play AGP vs. ATI Xpert@Play 98 AGP

Just wondering if anyone out there is using the either of these cards with
RedHat 5.2 or xfree86 3.3.2.  On RH's compatibility list it says the

What I would really like to know is this : is there a difference between

with RH 5.2.  Any suggestions of other relatively cheap (around $50) video
cards that are agp and work with RH 5.2 (out of the box) would be really
appreciated.
Dan Finn

2. Create Slackware bootdisk

3. Linux Xfree86 runs on LX | VP-3 AGP motherboard slot with ATI Xpert@Play | Xpert@Work

4. How to determine maxchunksize and sync|async mode?

5. Xfree and ATI 3D Rage Pro xpert@play (Newbi)

6. Slack 2.1 - Why upgrade?

7. ATI XPert@Play AGP On Linux Xfree 86

8. CORBA Java Joe