Dual CPU on VIA mobo question

Post by Eugene W » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:40:29

I have a dual P3 800 w/ 1GB of RAM on a VIA dual processor mobo running
Red Hat 6.x.  In it is also a 16MB G450dual head AGP.  When I run
Xconfigurator, I get the response that it's a G400 AGP.  Running the X
test, it would freeze, is there anyway out of it?  Or would a Linux
patch work?

Ewu

Post by Eugene W » Sun, 31 Dec 2000 01:42:30

I have a dual P3 800 w/ 1GB of RAM on a VIA dual processor mobo running
Red Hat 6.x.  In it is also a 16MB G450dual head AGP.  When I run
Xconfigurator, I get the response that it's a G400 AGP.  Running the X
test, it would freeze, is there anyway out of it?  Or would a Linux
patch work?

Ewu

1. dual cpu mobo's

Hi Guys,

My old P133 is getting a bit tired now and I wan't to build myself a
shiny new one based around 2x700Mhz Pentium III's and a SCSI disk.

I've been looking at the motherboards suitable (very hard to find info
on dual boards isn't it ?) and it seems that the Asus P2B-D is quite a
popular choice BUT it's looking a little dated now and I was wondering
if there are any better (ie 133 FSB) boards for the above setup ? (not
too worried about overclocking - stability, features and at least 1xISA
slot are my main priorities)

Two more little questions:

1) Is onboard SCSI a good thing or is more trouble than it's worth ?
2) Can FCPGA chips operate in SMP or should I stick to Slot 1 and the BX
chipset ?

Rgds,

Ian.

2. Linux ROCKS!

3. Dual Mobo + CPU support for Linux

4. Galeon 1.0.3 Crash

5. dual cpu motherboard for Red Hat Linux 6.2 on X86 cpu

6. how to use setup?

7. High system CPU% in dual CPU System

8. K6-2 300, or Stealth II G460(i960), any potential problems?

9. dual cpu vs single cpu for apache

10. PROBLEM: Dual (2) AMD ATHLON MP 1900+ CPUs gives APIC error on CPU[0]: 00(02)

11. dual cpu act like a 4 cpu (intel SE7500CW2)

12. 2 single CPU mother board and one dual-CPU mother board

13. dual monitor? dual CPU?