Can't boot 2.0.X on SOYO 5ED5/M (AGP MB)

Can't boot 2.0.X on SOYO 5ED5/M (AGP MB)

Post by Olof Zachrisso » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

I receantly, by mistake, bought an ETEQ based motherboard, together with
a i166MMX
and 64MB of SDRAM. The board seems to run fine under Windows-95, unless
I install
any of the provided drivers for ACPI/EIDE-33/AGP.

BUT, I haven't been able to boot Debian 1.3 on this machine. The kernel
2.0.27 loads
and Linux starts (it says 470 bogomips :-) but when it comes to "MD
driver.." it hangs.
I have been able to start Linux using an old 1.2 kernel disk though, but
then I have some
other problems.

Maybe a kernel without the "MD driver" thing, whatever that is, would
solve the problem? (No, I can't recompile any kernel myself on this
system.)

Any help appreciated.

//Olof

1. Opinions wanted on SOYO/PCI MB's

I'm looking to buy a 486/PCI motherboard (with a DX2/66).
One board I have seen has an SIS chipset with Award BIOS.
(it's a SOYO motherboard, with green features, 3 PCI slots
and 3 VESA slots). As soon as possible, I'll buy a PCI
video card and a AHA-SCSI/PCI controller card; are there
incompatibilities between MB/PCI and the controllers
that I intend to buy ? (Someone related problems with a
similar motherboard with Opti Chipset)

Are there problems with this MB if I intend to use OS/2,
linux and DOS/Windows ?

Thanks,
Mario

2. Help securing linux

3. Bitte um Hilfe: SOYO Pentium MB kann Diskettenlaufwerk nicht lesen!

4. PostgreSQL Version 6.0 RDBMS database ANSI SQL 92 compliant - Its FREE!!

5. LILO problem with SOYO MB

6. Segmentation exception when I type make

7. MB SOYO SY-5TH5-430HX Does this work?

8. Unix developed kiosks?

9. Please help: SOYO pentium mb not reading Floppy!

10. Soyo MB & HP370 IDE Controller

11. Soyo K7AIA Athlon MB + Redhat 6.2

12. HPT366 interface on Soyo MB?

13. Anyone have lmsensors working on a Dragon+ Soyo MB?