dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB (hama)?

dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB (hama)?

Post by Ernst Murnleitne » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 10:09:43

Is there a driver for "USB to FlashCard + SmartMedia (LC1) Drive" available?
If yes, how to install it?

I bought a "dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB" from hama. Though
it is a "hama", I think the manufacturer is different. I guess any driver
will work.

Thank you very much in advance.

Greetings
Ernst Murnleitner

dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB (hama)?

Post by Ernst Murnleitne » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 11:10:55

I got the answer, which worked:

> > Is there a driver for "USB to FlashCard + SmartMedia (LC1) Drive"
> > available? If yes, how to install it?

> > I bought a "dual slot CompactFlash & SmartMedia Drive USB" from hama.
> > Though it is a "hama", I think the manufacturer is different. I guess
any
> > driver will work.

> i don't know if this doc applies to compactflash, but it just might:

> http://stephan.rootonfire.org/linux-sony-dsc-p1-mini-howto.txt

> i wrote it specifically for Sony's memory sticks, but it may also apply to
> other removeable media as well.

1. Help: Unable to mount Smartmedia card in Compactflash adapter plugged in my Zaurus

Hi Linux hardware gurus,

I'm desperately trying to mount a Smartmedia card on my Sharp ZAURUS
PDA running Embeddix Linux using a Compactflash adapter plugged into
the CF port of the device. I think it is an hardware issue, and some
googling told me to try "dmesg" on the console, where it (among other
things) says:

ide_attach()
ide_config(0xc176c4c0)
collie_pcmcia_configure_socket(): CF slot cannot support Vpp 120
Unable to configure socket 0
ide_cs: RequestConfiguration: Bad Vpp
ide_release(0xc176c4c0)
ide_detach(0xc176c4c0)
collie_pcmcia_configure_socket(): CF slot cannot support Vpp 120
Unable to configure socket 0

Hardware issue, right? I'm not much into hardware or Linux driver
stuff... is there anybody out there to translate the above into "plain
old english" (or german). Best thing would be if there are any tips to
get things going, too, if somehow possible?! :-)

Thanks in advance,
Joern.

2. Singing Fish in Linux

3. G.Mate to add CompactFlash slot to YOPY Linux PDA

4. calling ifunit from <net/if.h>

5. Which SMP: Dual 370 or Dual Slot 1?

6. Recursive grep?

7. Dual-drive dual-boot RH Linux 5.1 & Win95: recommended boot manager?

8. OpenBSD 3.0 FTPD Server and PF Firewall - Client Problems

9. USB smartmedia readers

10. USB compactFlash cards and kernal (RH 7.2)

11. USB SmartMedia help needed

12. USB compactflash not working