Cannot mount CD-ROM on Soyo 5ema+

Post by Asher Mille » Fri, 15 Dec 2000 21:18:05

Hey.  I've been having troubles getting a Toshiba ATAPI CD-ROM to mount
on a Soyo 5ema+ motherboard.  I have flashed the board BIOS with the
latest update from Soyo, and have tried two different CD-ROM drives
(both Toshibas).  The Toshiba is a very standard CD-ROM, OEM on many,
many systems (including Gateway), so I'd be VERY suprised if it couldn't
work with a Soyo board.

The CD-ROM is recognized by the BIOS on startup, but it won't mount
either in Windows or Linux.  (It doesn't appear in the Windows drive
tree, and I can't issue a successful "mount" command in Linux.)

Here's what I've tried so far:

 -- HDD and CD-ROM on same chain (both jumpered auto-select)
 -- HDD (jumpered as Master) and CD-ROM (jumpered as Slave) on Primary
chain
 -- HDD on Primary chain and CD-ROM on Secondary chain (both jumpered
auto-select)
 -- HDD jumpered as Master on Primary chain and CD-ROM jumpered as
Master on Secondary chain.

Still nothing.  Any ideas?  Has anybody come across this problem before?

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Cannot mount CD-ROM on Soyo 5ema+

Post by Axtu » Sat, 16 Dec 2000 13:07:54

You shouldn't have to, BUT...go to the DOS mode and load the DOS CD-ROM
drivers from the floppy, reboot and see if it works.

Mike