All Caps Problem with Natural Keyboards

Post by Chris McGe » Sun, 01 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone else had problems with natural keyboards switching so that
everything you type is caps regardless of where the caps lock is set? I
have a Microsoft(I know, yuck!) Natural Keyboard on one computer running
Linux and a Cirque Wave Keyboard on another computer running Linux and
they seem to get the same problem from time to time and they are even
different distributions (Red Hat and Debian).
Everything you type will be caps and all numbers in the upper row will
always output the symbol above the number whether or not I hold down the
shift key.

My only thought is that possibly the windows keys are getting accidently
pressed while I am typing and in conjunction it might be causing some
problems but I am just guessing. Also, another symptom that I thought
was interesting is that when I use XEmacs and this problem begins to
start, I cannot click on any of the buttons to save the current document
without it giving some strange error. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. I actually have to remotely login to my machine when this
happens to shut down the computer because Linux won't accept HALT or
SHUTDOWN in the place of halt or shutdown.

Any help with this problem wout be greatly appreciated. Thanks in
advance for reading my long error report.

--
Chris McGee

1. Touch Typing (was Microsoft natural keyboard / Dvorak keyboard users)

I had thought about buying one of the ergonomic keyboards (not
necessarily Microsoft) but after seeing the discussion of which side
of the keyboard the '6' key should be on, I think I will wait.

While I am waiting though, I might set about learning to touch type
properly. (I know roughly which keys to use with which finger and do
*try* to use the correct ones.)

Can any of the many touch typing programmers out there tell me if
there is a program that I can use to learn touch typing. A DOS /
Windows / UNIX program that will take me through the stages and rid me
of my bad habits (like looking at the keyboard most of the time) would
be great.

Any pointers to QWERTY or Dvorak style typing tutors would be greatly
appreciated.

Andrew.

2. Mac Newbie

3. Microsoft Natural Keyboard problem

4. PB with an NFS installation ....

5. Natural Keyboard for Ultra 5, anyone sell one????

6. Send 20 FREE Pages of Fax to any Fax machines in the World!

7. MS Natural Keyboard driver?

8. Help: Strange Tcp/Ip/Sun Ultra problem

9. Conflict with Microsoft intelligent Mouse and Microsoft Natural Keyboard

10. Microsoft Natural Keyboard on a Sparc 5?

11. Microsoft Natural Keyboard in X

12. Keyboards?!! Natural???

13. Microsoft natural Keyboard