linux support for adaptec 1480A ultrascsi pcmcia card?

linux support for adaptec 1480A ultrascsi pcmcia card?

Post by Yash L. Kheman » Mon, 05 Jan 1998 04:00:00

hi folks,

has anyone gotten the adaptec 1480a ultrascsi pcmcia card
to work with linux?  this is in a toshiba tecra 740 cdt.

thanks!
yash

1. Toshiba 220CS Notebook + NE2000 PCMCIA-Card + Adataptec 1480A SlimSCSI Card = Problems

Hi Linux wizards,

Some years ago I bought a Toshiba 220CS portable as a local network
server. I now installed RedHat Linux 7.2 and have problems with the
PCMCIA (CardBus) slots. I use a no-name 10/100 Ethernet adapter
(probably 16bit) to connect the machine to the network, and an Adaptec
1480A SlimSCSI to connect it with an external SCSI box that hosts two
disks, a tape-drive and CDROM-changer.

Problem: I cannot enable both cards. If I set the card-mode in the BIOS
to "PICI Compatible" the network adapter works, but the SCSI adapter is
not recognized. If I set the mode to "CardBus 16bit" (the only other
setting) both adapters are recognized but the network adapter seems to
be dead.

I ran "cardctl status" to see what the Linux kernel thinks is attached
to the machine. In BIOS CardBus-mode the output is:
Socket 0: 5V 16Bit, function 0 [read][wp[bat dead]
Socket 1: 3.3V CardBus card, function 0 [ready]

In this scenario, in socket 0 I plugged the network adapter and into
socket 1 the Adaptec SlimSCSI adapter. Obviously the state "[bat dead]"
seems to denote a problem. This situation prevents me from setting up my
local network, so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Regards from germany,
A. Spindler

2. Networking Project

3. Cardbus && Adaptec 1480A supported??

4. slirp and pap-secrets

5. [Fwd: PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?]

6. Panasonic PCMCIA CD-ROM for Linux

7. PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?

8. Date Calculations in Shell Script!! HELP!

9. Adaptec slimSCSI APA1480 (UltraSCSI) supported?

10. LinuxPPC UltraSCSI card support?

11. Advansys UltraSCSI (Narrow) card support

12. Adaptec 1480A SCSI Cardbus problem on T20/RH6.2

13. Adaptec 1480A SCSI & Panasonic KXL-783A