Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

Post by Blown CP » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hi there All,
 I'm preparing to go to Linux as my OS. Before I do I'm making sure
all my ducks are in a row. My trident 9680 SVGA card isn't listed in
any Linux docs I've found as compatable hardware. However the driver
CD supplied with the card has UNIX
drivers. I'm assuming the standard UNIX drivers will work fine under
Linux.
 If that's not the case please drop me a note and let me know.
Thanks
Jeff B.

Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

Post by Chris Kuste » Tue, 18 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Hello.
  The trident 9680 is supported by XFree86 pretty well.  I have gotten
many systems with that card to work.  Personally, I would stay away from
the UNIX drivers supplied with the card.  Unless they source code,
they will probably not work.  Linux itself, (non-xwindow) uses the
standard VGA drivers.  The trident 9680 card is compatible with them.
  In short, installation should not be a problem.  Your card is on the
XFree86 list, and should work fine.
Chris Kuster

> Hi there All,
>  I'm preparing to go to Linux as my OS. Before I do I'm making sure
> all my ducks are in a row. My trident 9680 SVGA card isn't listed in
> any Linux docs I've found as compatable hardware. However the driver
> CD supplied with the card has UNIX
> drivers. I'm assuming the standard UNIX drivers will work fine under
> Linux.
>  If that's not the case please drop me a note and let me know.
> Thanks
> Jeff B.

Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

Post by Domingo Goyen » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Get XFree86 3.3.1

>Hi there All,
> I'm preparing to go to Linux as my OS. Before I do I'm making sure
>all my ducks are in a row. My trident 9680 SVGA card isn't listed in
>any Linux docs I've found as compatable hardware. However the driver
>CD supplied with the card has UNIX
>drivers. I'm assuming the standard UNIX drivers will work fine under
>Linux.
> If that's not the case please drop me a note and let me know.
>Thanks
>Jeff B.

Video drivers for trident 9680 SVGA card

Post by Miguel Cru » Wed, 19 Nov 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm preparing to go to Linux as my OS. Before I do I'm making sure all my
>ducks are in a row. My trident 9680 SVGA card isn't listed in any Linux
>docs I've found as compatable hardware.

I've got the same card on my home machine and it works fine with XFree86
3.3.1. When you run the setup program it will be one of the choices. I get
16bpp at 1024x768 and it's tolerably fast.

miguel

1. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card

Greetings!

    I'm in a situation here...  Got my choice of a Trident 9680 or a Cirrus
5430 video card.  Both are PCI, both have 2 megs.

    They're both supported under Win/NT 4.0..  Here's the rub - Which is the
better card under X-free86?  Are there problems with either of them?  I'd be
after 800x600x256, will these cards handle this mode under X?

    Thanks!

             Heath Doane

2. Sources for SLS DIP?!

3. Trident 9680 video card driver ?

4. Caldera Open Linux ver 1.2

5. Video driver for Trident 9680 card and MetroX

6. Virtual Web hosting on Solaris 2.5.1

7. SVGA Trident 9680 Card/CTX Monitor Configuration.

8. SoundBlaster 64V for SUSE

9. Trident 9680 PCI video driver

10. Does a TRIDENT 9680 or a S3 Vision864 video card work?

11. Trident 9680 video card

12. Trident video card 9680

13. Trident PCI Video Card 9680