Linux Box Suggestions

Post by Brandon Edward » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I want to put together a linux box to be used as a proxy server for home use
with my cable modem and 2 other computers.  Could someone please give me a
suggestion of what decent quality components I should get that arent too
expensive.

Thank you!

-Brandon

Linux Box Suggestions

Post by Bill Crocke » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It almost doesn't matter...you could do it on a 486!

Bill Crocker

Quote:> I want to put together a linux box to be used as a proxy server for home
use
> with my cable modem and 2 other computers.  Could someone please give me a
> suggestion of what decent quality components I should get that arent too
> expensive.

> Thank you!

> -Brandon

1. Cluster of linux boxes: Suggestions

Dear Netters,

In my department, we are considering to build up a cluster of
5-6 P6 200 Mhz 256kb with 64mb ram.
The idea is to have PVM running on top of them (we already have
the SW to run on the cluster, nicely parallelized). Anyhow, we
would really appreciate any suggestions on that topic.
Which MB, which RAM (EDO or SDRAM ?) etc. etc.

Also, I remember that somwhere in the web I read of a web site
full of useful suggestions on building up a shelf with several
linux boxes. Now, I am unable to locate the address ...

Thanx

Luigi

2. STREAMS - Request For Information

3. Building Linux Box--Suggestions?

4. Need help with RPC timeout error

5. Using my linux box as a digital VHS... need software suggestions.

6. bash script question

7. 20 Modems on a Linux Box...any suggestions??

8. Plug And Play

9. Any suggestions for mounting NT shares on linux box?

10. Suggestions for Linux lunch box portable

11. spare box for linux use: suggestions?

12. Linux box for computer newbies : suggestions please !

13. 20 Modems on a Linux Box...any suggestions??