PCI EIDE controllers supported under Linux ?

PCI EIDE controllers supported under Linux ?

Post by Alexandre Stouf » Tue, 18 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I am looking for a PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux.
If you use such a controller with more than 2 IDE devices,
please email me its brand and model, thank you.

I have first considered buying a DTC 2130D but it seems
that in order to use it with 3 or more IDE devices, one has
to boot DOS, run the DTC driver, and then warm boot Linux...

Thanks for any infos.

Alex Stouffs

---

1. Is there a good PCI EIDE controller supported by Linux?

        I am looking for a good PCI EIDE controller for use with Linux
(as well as other popular PC operating systems).  I am currently using
the CMD PCI EIDE controller, but feel that I am not getting maximal
performance.  What else is out there and for how much?  I don't need
anything with caching or whatever, just a plain well-supported, bug-free
PCI EIDE controller.

        I used a friend's machine with a slower CPU and slower disk and a
generic VLB EIDE controller and found his disk performance to be
noticeably better.

Thanks for the info!

Mike.

Northstar Technologies                        Compuserve: 76620,2534
Newmarket, Ontario, CANADA

2. Encryption

3. Is DTC2132 PCI EIDE controller supported ?

4. pppd and mgetty - how can they live together?

5. PCI EIDE drives, PCI SCSI drives, controllers

6. Problem with KDE2 and XV and Win4Lin.

7. Configuring LinuxPPC

8. PCI EIDE controller for Linux?

9. micron pci 32 bit mode 4 eide controller on motherboard & linux

10. linux on 2nd EIDE HDD as primary on 2nd EIDE controller

11. What EIDE controllers support 4 HDDs and work with Linux?

12. Is there an EIDE ATA/66 controller supported by a recent linux distribution?