ATI 9700 Pro and ATI drivers fglrx

Post by Thoma » Tue, 26 Nov 2002 22:36:51

Hi,

have there a second little problem,
have Installed the drivers succsessfull,
X is runing, xvideo works well, too.
If I start an OpenGL application, the Programm failes or it use the
Software Mesa.
First problem found by my self, old NVIDIA Drivers where the problem.
After I have removed them, GL is runing but only MESA, Openunivers runs
with 5 fps, with my GeForce One DDR I had if I remember right over 100 fps.

Can someone help?

Cu, Thomas

ATI 9700 Pro and ATI drivers fglrx

Post by Thoma » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:20:17

Thomas schrieb:

Quote:> Hi,

> have there a second little problem,
> have Installed the drivers succsessfull,
> X is runing, xvideo works well, too.
> If I start an OpenGL application, the Programm failes or it use the
> Software Mesa.
> First problem found by my self, old NVIDIA Drivers where the problem.
> After I have removed them, GL is runing but only MESA, Openunivers runs
> with 5 fps, with my GeForce One DDR I had if I remember right over 100 fps.

> Can someone help?

> Cu, Thomas

Found an error in XFree86 log , but don't know what's wrong
and how I could fix it.

drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
drmGetBusid returned ''
(II) fglrx(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (5, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied
(EE) fglrx(0): DRIScreenInit failed!
(WW) fglrx(0): DRI initialization failed!
(II) fglrx(0): front buffer:   0xd0000000
(II) fglrx(0): offscreen:      0xd0500000
(II) fglrx(0): FBADPhys: 0xd0000000 FBMappedSize: 0x08000000
(==) fglrx(0): Write-combining range (0xd0000000,0x8000000)
(II) fglrx(0): FBMM initialized for area (0,0)-(1280,8191)
(II) fglrx(0): FBMM auto alloc for area (0,0)-(1280,1024) (front color
buffer - assumption)
(==) fglrx(0): Backing store disabled

Hope someone could help

Post by John-Paul Stewar » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 00:39:10

> Thomas schrieb:
> > Hi,

> > have there a second little problem,
> > have Installed the drivers succsessfull,
> > X is runing, xvideo works well, too.
> > If I start an OpenGL application, the Programm failes or it use the
> > Software Mesa.
> > First problem found by my self, old NVIDIA Drivers where the problem.
> > After I have removed them, GL is runing but only MESA, Openunivers runs
> > with 5 fps, with my GeForce One DDR I had if I remember right over 100 fps.

> > Can someone help?

> > Cu, Thomas

> Found an error in XFree86 log , but don't know what's wrong
> and how I could fix it.

> drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
> drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
> drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
> drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
> drmGetBusid returned ''
> (II) fglrx(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (5, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied

What are the permissions/owner on /dev/dri/card0?  (What is
the output of 'ls -l /dev/dri/card0'?)

Post by Thoma » Wed, 27 Nov 2002 23:29:27

John-Paul Stewart schrieb:

>>Thomas schrieb:

>>>Hi,

>>>have there a second little problem,
>>>have Installed the drivers succsessfull,
>>>X is runing, xvideo works well, too.
>>>If I start an OpenGL application, the Programm failes or it use the
>>>Software Mesa.
>>>First problem found by my self, old NVIDIA Drivers where the problem.
>>>After I have removed them, GL is runing but only MESA, Openunivers runs
>>>with 5 fps, with my GeForce One DDR I had if I remember right over 100 fps.

>>>Can someone help?

>>>Cu, Thomas

>>Found an error in XFree86 log , but don't know what's wrong
>>and how I could fix it.

>>drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
>>drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
>>drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
>>drmOpenDevice: open result is 5, (OK)
>>drmGetBusid returned ''
>>(II) fglrx(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (5, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied

> What are the permissions/owner on /dev/dri/card0?  (What is
> the output of 'ls -l /dev/dri/card0'?)

What are the correct permissons, and who should be the owner

Owner is root and group is root
permissions are all set rwx for all

Don't know what is the problem

Post by John-Paul Stewar » Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:30:02

> John-Paul Stewart schrieb:

> >>(II) fglrx(0): [drm] drmSetBusid failed (5, PCI:1:0:0), Permission denied

> > What are the permissions/owner on /dev/dri/card0?  (What is
> > the output of 'ls -l /dev/dri/card0'?)

> What are the correct permissons, and who should be the owner

> Owner is root and group is root
> permissions are all set rwx for all

The usual permissions for /dev/dri/card0 are:

crw-rw-rw- 1 root root 226, 0 /dev/dri/card0

with the following lines in your XF86Config file:

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

Note that this is for the "usual" DRI drivers.  If the ATI
docs suggest something else specific to their drivers, by
all means ignore what I've just said.

Now that I re-read your original post, I'm not so sure this
is the problem.  The log you posted shows /dev/dri/card0
being opened succesfully.  It is the call to drmSetBusid
that is failing due to permission problems.

1. Any Succesful Installs ATI Radeon 9700 pro driver from ATI.

I have downloaded, and installed the drivers provided by ATI for the radeon
9700 pro. I have the AGP card. I havent been able to get the drivers and X
to work. the only warning i get when installing is an error message that
complains about 2D and OpenGL for 2D. Why would ATI release drivers that do
not work with 2D? also im running 4.2.0 Xserver, and downloaded the
appropropriate ATI driver for that version of X.

2. maximum size of NIS maps?

3. DRI Permission problem new ATI Drivers and 9700 Pro

4. -- Optical disk recovery HELP --

5. glibc and 3D support on the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro

6. Route VPN subnet

7. ATI Radeon 9700 PRO & Red Hat Linux 7.2?

8. xDSL modem drivers?

9. Mandrake 9.0 & Ati Radeon 9700 Pro

10. Not work X-Window on ATI Fury Pro (chipset ATI Rage 128 Pro)

11. Problem with RH9 and Ati Radeon 9700 card