Problems with ATI All-in-Wonder video card config using xf86config, startx

Problems with ATI All-in-Wonder video card config using xf86config, startx

Post by wg » Sun, 28 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Anyone here know how to configure an ATI
All-in-Wonder 8MB card for Linux Red Hat 5.2  ?

I have tried several settings but no success yet
in getting it to work using startx afterwords.

I do get a windows screen but I can only see the
bottom left corner of the taskbar and I know that
several windows are working.

Mouse doesn't seem to work properly, I have a MS
Wheel Mouse and I selected the MS Intellimouse.
 but I didn't select 3 button support.

Any help appreciated.

wg

Problems with ATI All-in-Wonder video card config using xf86config, startx

Post by SDC New » Mon, 29 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I'm having the same problem.  AIW Pro 8M OEM PCI using Redhat 5.2 and either
XFree 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 (neither work).  It's probably just a few lines to
"synch up" the screen.  The screen is visible, it's just scrambled.

I've tried using the VGA16, SVGA and Mach64 drivers and virtualy every
combination of vertical and horizontal frequences (including those specified
specificaly for my monitor and those my Win98 runs at) with no success.

Scott Satterfield

Post by DFarme » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>>I'm having the same problem.  AIW Pro 8M OEM PCI using Redhat 5.2 and
either
>>XFree 3.3.2 or 3.3.3 (neither work).  It's probably just a few lines to
>>"synch up" the screen.  The screen is visible, it's just scrambled.

>>I've tried using the VGA16, SVGA and Mach64 drivers and virtualy every
>>combination of vertical and horizontal frequences (including those
specified
>>specificaly for my monitor and those my Win98 runs at) with no success.

>>Scott Satterfield

I'm having this same problem.  What's the deal here?  How do we solve this?

-DF

Problems with ATI All-in-Wonder video card config using xf86config, startx

Post by DFarme » Sat, 17 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Sorry to answer my own question...

Download the update to XFree86 from http://support.redhat.com/

Post by Mark » Mon, 19 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> Sorry to answer my own question...

> Download the update to XFree86 from http://support.redhat.com/

It took me quite a few tries to get the Xconfigurator to work for my
system:

Motherboard:    Abit BX6
CPU: Intel 300A Celeron
Video: ATI All-in-Wonder Pro AGP 8Meg
Sound:  SoundBlaster 16
Monitor: CTX 17" Model 1769

- The ATI Card works for me on RedHat 5.2 with or without the XFree86
upgrade.
- RedHat 5.9 Beta recognizes the ATI card better

If you mess up during initial install of configuring your video card,
just type in
Xconfigurator at the # prompt and reconfigure....

Here are the steps I went through to get my card to work:

# Xconfigurator

            PCI PROBE

    PCI probing found a:
        PCI Entry: Mach 64 GB
        XServer: Mach 64

                OK

            MONITOR SETUP

    Selected Generic MultiSync
            (5.9 has my monitor listed, so I like the new Xconfigurator)

            Screen Configuration

    Don't Probe

            Video Memory

    8 Meg