Driver for my old 2x CD-ROM

Post by Spooky Mulder [a.k.a. dstexme » Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Mellow Greetings,

I bought a display model PC from some store as-is, and it has a 2x
CD-ROM.  I have been running Win 95 on that one, so I didn't have to
install the drivers for it.

BUT, as I was wondering if the disk that came with it had a Linux
driver for it, I took a look at it and saw that I have the wrong disk!
This is for some 5x CD-ROM drive!

So, since I don't have any drivers for it, I am wondering if I could
get some generic CD-ROM driver for Linux that would work.  Any help
would be very appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Be Well,
Dan

---

SANDRA BULLOCK-------http://user.aol.com/dsctexmex/web/sandra.htm
Join the Lime Ribbon Campaign & fight for our rights as Net users
LIME RIBBON CAMPAIGN----http://user.aol.com/LimeRibbon/index.html

Driver for my old 2x CD-ROM

Post by Eric Chan » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

>I bought a display model PC from some store as-is, and it has a 2x
>CD-ROM.  I have been running Win 95 on that one, so I didn't have to

Hi Spooky.  Don't worry about the diskette that was provided with
the CD-ROM.  This will (probably) not contain anything useful for
Linux.  Instead, try to find out what kind of drive it is.  That
information is needed.  Once you have that, you should be able to
help Linux recognize it on boot with the proper boot string.  Or,
if you don't know what drive it is, and you don't know the IRQ
or address, you could try all possible combinations of IRQ,
address, and CD-ROM types supported by Linux.  Just kidding, but
if I had no info and a gun to my head, that would be one way
to start.  Check the Hardware-HOWTO.

Eric

1. NSA 2x cd-rom driver

I was wondering if the latest release for linux contains a driver for
the NSA 2x cdrom drive (Funai)? The march 1995 release doesn't.

Faisal Shad, Communications Research Laboratory
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, L8S-4K1
TEL: (905) 525-9140 ext 27264

2. FBSD install and mount problem

3. Which driver for Reveal 2x CD-ROM GCD-R420 ?

4. Is there Software to Test for Hardware Faults...that is besides netscape :-)

5. Driver available for Sony CDU-55E 2X IDE CD-ROM?

6. Matrox G200/8MB shadow!

7. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

8. One to One NAT query

9. Driver for a Philips 2X CD-ROM

10. Problem finding cd rom: legacy Mitsumi 2X Non-IDE on old SB16 interface

11. configuring old 2x cd rom

12. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

13. Old Hitachi Extern CD-ROM drivers needed