Goldstar 540 CD won't work with SlakWare!!!!

Goldstar 540 CD won't work with SlakWare!!!!

Post by Greg McBrid » Fri, 10 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Is there anyone out there who has tried to install Slackware Linux (1.2.13
Kernel) from a Goldstar GCD-R540B CD? Its a quad speed IDE drive. The boot
loader sees it, but I get i/o errors whenever I try to read from the thing.

Any answers?

Greg McBride

Post by Datrix Solutio » Sat, 11 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Is there anyone out there who has tried to install Slackware Linux (1.2.13
: Kernel) from a Goldstar GCD-R540B CD? Its a quad speed IDE drive. The boot
: loader sees it, but I get i/o errors whenever I try to read from the thing.

I installed this with the Slackware 1.2.8 last week. Make sure of the
following:

IO Address on IDE SB Card = 170, int 15.
Jumper on CD-ROM set to Master.

IDE ATAPI kernel boot disk .....

There may be a problem with higher kernels, apparently the latest kernels
work though.

good luck
Wayne
SA

1. PnP Linux Yggdrasil & Goldstar 540 CD?

        My problem happens to be that my CD which is a Goldstar 540 is
reconized during the installation. But when it goes to configure the CD
Rom it is unable to locate it at I/O Address 0x170 and gives me a message
that it is already in use.  When all other methods of trying to configure
my CD fail, it defaults to some driver and I get some error message that
there is an error reading the buffer.
        At the moment I do not have www reader and could only ftp through
the internet.  If someone could please tell me were I can get any help.
My system info:
         -hd Segate st5850

          am using the ide cd card that came with cd rom

I know that this is not detailed, so if more info is needed please feel
free to ask for more info.

Thanks
Tony

2. eth0 Not Routing to ppp0

3. Per-packet overhead of PPP+UDP

4. GoldStar 540 CD-Rom Setup Problems

5. I'm only getting 3 GB on my 4mm tapes.

6. Installation Problems with Slackware 2.2.0 & Goldstar gcd-540 cd-rom

7. Backing up via Syquest drives

8. s3 540 won't work with XFree86... help!

9. Mandrake 7 and HP Deskjet 540 asci's but won't postscript

10. Problems with Goldstar 540 CDROM

11. Linux-FT rev1.1 and Goldstar 540 ide install

12. Linux FT & Goldstar 540 CDROM