USB wireless card on Linux

Post by qwej.. » Thu, 26 May 2005 20:58:03

Hello,

  I am interested in USB wireless solutions for Linux.

  Did anybody had a positive experience with USB wireless card on Linux

and can share the information with us (details on exact name and model
of the USB wireless device, and on which Linux distro (and version) it
worked and which wireless network (802.11g or 802.11b,etc).

TIA.

Regads,
John

USB wireless card on Linux

Post by Giovann » Thu, 26 May 2005 22:01:27

Quote:> and can share the information with us (details on exact name and model
> of the USB wireless device, and on which Linux distro (and version) it
> worked and which wireless network (802.11g or 802.11b,etc).

Using a Netgear WG111 (802.11g) with ndiswrapper 1.1, Slackware 10.1 and
kernel 2.6.11.7

It works but occasionally the USB interface seems to freeze and removing
the device crashes the kernel

Ciao
Giovanni
--
   A computer is like an air conditioner,
   it stops working when you open Windows.

USB wireless card on Linux

Post by wmreine.. » Fri, 27 May 2005 06:37:07

> > and can share the information with us (details on exact name and model
> > of the USB wireless device, and on which Linux distro (and version) it
> > worked and which wireless network (802.11g or 802.11b,etc).

> Using a Netgear WG111 (802.11g) with ndiswrapper 1.1, Slackware 10.1 and
> kernel 2.6.11.7

> It works but occasionally the USB interface seems to freeze and removing
> the device crashes the kernel

> Ciao
> Giovanni
> --
>    A computer is like an air conditioner,
>    it stops working when you open Windows.
>    Registered Linux user #337974  <http://counter.li.org/>

**

I have posted this information before.  The following link pretty much
covers the linux wireless devices.

  ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng

  http://www.linux-wlan.org/

Walt R.
**

USB wireless card on Linux

Post by JL » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 19:05:02

> Hello,

>   I am interested in USB wireless solutions for Linux.

>   Did anybody had a positive experience with USB wireless card on Linux

> and can share the information with us (details on exact name and model
> of the USB wireless device, and on which Linux distro (and version) it
> worked and which wireless network (802.11g or 802.11b,etc).

I am using:
- Dlink dwl-g122, 802.11g USB wireless adapter
- Fedora Core 3 (FC3)
- ndiswrapper 1.1
- last 2.6 kernel updated using yum.

It is connected to the AP using 802.11g (54Mbps). No problem right now.

Juan-Luis Montore
Albedo Design S.L.
http://www.albedo.biz/

Electrnica y Domtica.