EZ-Pointe

Post by Brian Lan » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I just bought  and connected an EZ-Pointe touchpad to my
Linux/XWindows system.

baud.

  I've also sent a request to PC Concepts to see if I can get enough
info from
them to write a utility to access any extended functions that may be
available.

  Is anyone else working on anything similar?

  Brian

--
-------------------< http://www.eskimo.com/~nexus >--------------------
EET, Embedded Systems Programmer     PGP email OK     Linux Afficionado

1. Patritioning WD 8.4 GB drive and Linux and EZ-Drive/EZ-Bios

Hi

I just installed a Western Digital 8.4 GB drive on my Micron machine
with a Micronics M54Hi motherboard as the second drive.  This has the
PhoenixBIOS 4.04 which cannot support disks larger than 7.8 GB.  There
is a BIOS (v5.05) upgrade available from Micro Firmware but for $79!  I
installed the WD EZ-Drive software and it partitioned the drive in 4
with about 2.1 GB per partition.  I can see these partitions OK in Win95
(though I do have a spurious E: drive that cannot be accessed).

In Linux (RedHat 4.1 - yes, part of the reason of getting the new drive
was to upgrade to RH5.2), fdisk sees only the first partition of the hard
drive (as /dev/hdb1 with about 2.1GB) with the rest of the drive seen as one
partition with unknown type.  If I use linux fdisk to partition the disk
in what I _think_ is the same partitions as EZ-Drive used then Win95 sees
the first partition but cannot read the other three.  Repartitioning the
drive with EZ-Drive causes the original problem (i.e. can only see the two
partitions in Linux).

I know Western Digital claims that EZ-Drive does not support Unix but
the Large Disk mini-HOWTO claims that Linux will work with EZ-Drive.  I
seem to be almost there.  Has anyone got this working or have any
suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Leslie Groer

2. Unable to change root password.

3. Help: Network programming pointe

4. NFS locks problem

5. Syquest EZ-Flyer 230 Mb

6. Beta TEAC CD ROM DRIVER?

7. EZ WORDPROCESSOR QUESTION!

8. My user can hide himself?

9. ez-ipupdate problem

10. Installing Linux with EZ-Drive BIOS

11. Linux and Seagate's EZ Drive??

12. Is SMC Ether EZ (8416BT) supported on FreeBSD?

13. How to setup SMC EZ 8416 to work with Linux?