Qlogic Fast!SCSI Basic card

Post by Robert McAda » Tue, 04 Apr 1995 04:00:00

OK, I have tried every kernel I can find that even remotely looks like
a scsi based kernel, only to get the dreaded SCSI:0 message after
booting...

I have an INTEL PCI motherboard and a 100mhz Pentium. I have a
STEALTH 64 dram (2mb-784 series) PCI video card, and a Multi-
CD version of the SB16 card with the ASP chip...

I can't believe that it is this difficult to get a box like this off
the ground, but, it looks like I am going to have to head over to
SOLARIS to get any unix compatability... Yuck!

IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO GET THIS
CONFIGURATION UP AND RUNNING, PLEASE CONTACT ME

Guess I will give Qlogic a call tomorrow to get them to help me
support it... (That's a joke, I say, that's a joke son...)

1. results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

To all people having a QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI Controller.
Here are my investigation results on using it under Linux:

The SCSI chip on this controller is (compatible with) AM53C974.

Official support starts with kernel version 1.3.59 .

Distributions will probably be updated as soon as kernel
version 1.4.xx is available (in about 1 to 3 months ?).

Updating to newer kernels will only work for
people having already a running linux system.
Others will need a (distribution ?) special installation
kernel / disk(s).

Very intersting hints and pointers can be found on
Klaus Liedl's WWW page:
  http://www-c724.uibk.ac.at/XL/

If anything of the above is not true and you know better,
please post it.

I got my controller to work (with the help of a linux
system installed on an IDE HD) using kernel 1.3.20
and patch AM53C974_0.4.tgz .

Carsten Scholtes

2. Web browser/file manager - why not a choice?

3. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

4. FTPaccess,guestgroup

5. QLogic Fast!SCSI adapter card and Solaris x86

6. tty

7. Problem with Make

8. FreeBSD & Qlogic Fast! Fl SCSI/2 card

9. Qlogic Fast SCSI ISA Card

10. Looking for a driver for the Qlogic Fast Scsi IQ PCI card.

11. QLogic Fast!SCSI card??

12. PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic ignored by scsi