DLINK DE-530CT Ethernet Adapter

Post by Mr. P. Boo » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone successfully installed one of these with Linux?
It uses the DEC 21040 and the Ethernet HOWTO mentions two
possible drivers - the de4x5 and the tulip.c alpha driver.

When I do a make config I am prompted about including alpha
drivers but then there is no question about the tulip.c driver
specifically. How do I ensure this is included in the kernel?
The file tulip.c is in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net but no READMEs

Any info greatly appreciated,

Peter Booth

DLINK DE-530CT Ethernet Adapter

Post by Paul Gortmak » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone successfully installed one of these with Linux?
>It uses the DEC 21040 and the Ethernet HOWTO mentions two
>possible drivers - the de4x5 and the tulip.c alpha driver.
>When I do a make config I am prompted about including alpha
>drivers but then there is no question about the tulip.c driver
>specifically. How do I ensure this is included in the kernel?
>The file tulip.c is in /usr/src/linux/drivers/net but no READMEs
>Any info greatly appreciated,

1) Get linux-1.2.13.tar.gz

2) Go to http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/linux and get the latest
   version of the tulip driver. Read the instructions that are there
   on the www page while you are at it.

Paul.