Trouble mounting internal IDE Zip disk

Post by news.hal-p » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Running 2.0.32 with FAT32 patches applied I cannot mount Zip disk.
mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /zip fails. Anyone have any experience with internal
ZIP drives?

Post by Do-Hoon Kwo » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Running 2.0.32 with FAT32 patches applied I cannot mount Zip disk.
> mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /zip fails. Anyone have any experience with internal
> ZIP drives?

Did you take a look at the partition table of the Zip disk? Iomega for
some reason uses #4. Try /dev/hdd4 instead.

Do-Hoon Kwon
--
Do-Hoon Kwon, Graduate Student
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, OSU

http://er4www.eng.ohio-state.edu/~kwond

1. Mounting an internal Zip drive's disk...

Hi all,
  I'm trying to be able to mount dos-formatted zip disks in Linux.
The drive can mount ext2 formatted drives with no problem, but it
gives this message when I try dos-formatted:

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd,
       or too many mounted file systems

mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdd1,
       or too many mounted file systems
       (aren't you trying to mount an extended partition,
       instead of some logical partition inside?)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
        Marc

2. Additional network address for an interface

3. Mounting internal ZIP disk

4. External modem setup

5. Trouble mounting ZIP(IDE) under Linux 2.0.30

6. PLIP.. Long

7. Newbie question -- trouble mounting SCSI zip disks

8. HP CD Writer 7500 & cdrecord-1.8 ?

9. IDE Zip disk faster via ide-scsi ???

10. internal SCSI Zip drive troubles

11. Internal IDE ZIP Drive and Linux

12. Syquest internal IDE drive or IOmega Zip?

13. IDE internal Zip 100 won't eject