Will IBM windoze box run on Linux?

Post by Donal » Wed, 16 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have an Aptiva 2137-E56 box roughly configured as follows (heavily designed for Windows):

PNP board with V58XA-2 chipset
AMD K6 266 mhz processor
Lucent on board (I think) 56k Flex modem
the on-board video subsystem is an ATI Rage II+, but presently disabled for a Rage Pro 3D card
Daytek 17" PNP monitor
sound is Crystal 4237B on-board
MPEG1 SW
enough RAM

Can I get this to work with Linux?  I have a 4.3 gb drive in there now, but have another 6.5 gb which has nothing on it to install Linux onto.  It will be configured as a workstation, for home use, internet a big part.

Thanks
Don Weston

1. Will IBM windoze box run with Linux

I have an Aptiva 2137-E56 box roughly configured as follows (heavily designed for Windows):

PNP board with V58XA-2 chipset
AMD K6 266 mhz processor
Lucent on board (I think) 56k Flex modem
the on-board video subsystem is an ATI Rage II+, but presently disabled for a Rage Pro 3D card
Daytek 17" PNP monitor
sound is Crystal 4237B on-board
MPEG1 SW
enough RAM

Can I get this to work with Linux?  I have a 4.3 gb drive in there now, but have another 6.5 gb which has nothing on it to install Linux onto.  It will be configured as a workstation, for home use, internet a big part.

Thanks
Don Weston

2. Kermit on the Internet

3. Connecting windoze box to linux box

4. audio and video with realplayer /rh9

5. Connecting a WinDoze box to a Linux (2.0.34) box with a paralell cable.

6. Maddening mount problem

7. Connecting windoze box to linux box

8. Telnet Connection breaks after username

9. Cannot telnet to SuSE 7.1 box from a windoze box..

10. Handspring sync to Linux vs CLIE to Windoze -> Linux 1 Windoze 10

11. Any benchmark for Linux box v.s. Sun, IBM, SGI boxes?

12. Windoze network neighborhood can not see my Linux box

13. Connecting to Linux box with Windoze 95