Linux vs Creative CD-200

Post by Mariano Fern├índe » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Im trying to install Red Hat Linux in my computer but when the software is
looking for CD-ROM drive, it display the next messages:

"MOUNT FAILED: INVALID ARGUMENT"
"I COULD NOT MOUNT A CD ON DEVICE /DEV/SBPCD"

I have a Creative CD-200 connected to a SoundBlaster 16 card, and when the
software asked me for the type of CD-ROM from the system will be installed,
I have selected "CREATIVE/PANASONIC".

Anybody knows whats the problem?

Linux vs Creative CD-200

Post by AFoC » Thu, 09 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Have you tried looking at the jumpers on bothe the CD-ROM and the sound
card?

> Im trying to install Red Hat Linux in my computer but when the software is
> looking for CD-ROM drive, it display the next messages:

> "MOUNT FAILED: INVALID ARGUMENT"
> "I COULD NOT MOUNT A CD ON DEVICE /DEV/SBPCD"

> I have a Creative CD-200 connected to a SoundBlaster 16 card, and when the
> software asked me for the type of CD-ROM from the system will be installed,
> I have selected "CREATIVE/PANASONIC".

> Anybody knows whats the problem?

1. Need help! with Creative Labs CD-200 setup.

I'm new to Linux and I'm having problems getting the system to recognise my CD.
Using the sbpcd boot/root floppies I get a message says 'Detected new cd-200...
 Audio should work...  support not yet fulfilled.'
When I run the Slackware install pkg it doesn't find the cd at all.

Using:
Ver 2.3.0 Slackware (1.2.8)
Intel 586/60 8meg PCI

It's probably just a matter of specifying the rigt settings but I'm kinda
lost....  The CD-200 cd drive is part of a sound blaster 16 kit and was
installed into dos using default settings (i.e. standard ints etc) and the
system has 2 floppies, 1 eide drive, 1 cd drive.

Thanx for any help in advance.

------------------------------------------------------FoxFire--

2. Axil Sparc Boot problem

3. Driver for Creative CD-200 ???

4. MouseSystems mouse not moving

5. Creative labs CD-200

6. SVGA lib man pages

7. Driver for Creative CD-200 ???

8. No module off found for kernel 2.2.3?

9. problem with Creative Lab cdrom CD-200

10. Creative CD 200 problem

11. Pentium Pro 200 vs Pentium 200 MMX

12. Need help on linux 2.3 with CD-200