Old X2 Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM

Post by Geoff Fr » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I'm installing Slackware (off the info magic 6 CD set released in September
1996) on a system that has a Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM (2 speed).  This is a
non-ide drive with it's own controller interface.  The control card jumper
setting are set to i/o port 300 and the irq is 10.  After the boot (right
before it asks for the root disk) the message "Mitsumi CDROM detected at

Old X2 Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM

Post by Geoff Fr » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Part of the original was cut off.  this is what it should be...

I'm installing Slackware (off the info magic 6 CD set released in September
1996) on a system that has a Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM (2 speed).  This is a
non-ide drive with it's own controller interface.  The control card jumper
setting are set to i/o port 300 and the irq is 10.  After the boot (right
before it asks for the root disk) the message "Mitsumi CDROM detected at
irq 11"
When it looks for the drive, the CD drive light comes on?
Can I force the irq
Any help for a Linux new comer would be great!
Geoff Fry

Old X2 Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM

Post by M. Buchenried » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>Part of the original was cut off.  this is what it should be...
>I'm installing Slackware (off the info magic 6 CD set released in September
>1996) on a system that has a Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM (2 speed).  This is a
>non-ide drive with it's own controller interface.  The control card jumper
>setting are set to i/o port 300 and the irq is 10.  After the boot (right
>before it asks for the root disk) the message "Mitsumi CDROM detected at
>irq 11"
>When it looks for the drive, the CD drive light comes on?
>Can I force the irq

Yes. The default Mitsumi kernel has a hardcoded I/O address and IRQ.

Add

mcd=0x300,10

to the LILO startup options to override these settings.

Michael

Portable, adj.:
                          Survives system reboot.

1. Mitsumi X2 CD-ROM, FX001

I'm installing Slackware (off the info magic 6 CD set released in September
1996) on a system that has a Mitsumi FX001 CD-ROM (2 speed).  This is a
non-ide drive with it's own controller interface.  The control card jumper
setting are set to i/o port 300 and the irq is 10.  After the boot (right
before it asks for the root disk) the message "Mitsumi CDROM detected at
irq 11"
When it looks for the drive, the CD drive light comes on?
Can I force the irq
Any help for a Linux new comer would be great!
Geoff Fry

2. Linux CD-ROM. Competitive upgrade!

3. Linux & Mitsumi CD-ROM FX001 ?? How ??

4. Cannot find map file...

5. Kernel 1.2.0 compiling with Mitsumi x2 CD-ROM

6. ftp uploads TNT 1.08 Packet Radio terminal

7. linux, Mitsumi CD-ROM (& SB), & the TA CD-ROM - solved!

8. Adaptec aha1540B problems: unable to abort command for target X

9. redhat support old mitsumi CD-rom?

10. installation on old hardware: mitsumi fx001d2 cd-rom

11. Mitsumi FX001 CDROM - can read data CD and not audio CD

12. Old Mitsumi CD-ROM: "open failed", but install routine can access it

13. SB16 and Mitsumi FX001 CD - still won't install