Panasonic Cr5X CD

Post by Mike Nevi » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know whether you can run a panasonic interface CD on Linux (Definite
7) If so how? It runs from an Aztech Souncard interface.

Mike

Panasonic Cr5X CD

Post by Dances With Cro » Wed, 28 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:30:15 GMT, Mike Nevin

Quote:>Anyone know whether you can run a panasonic interface CD on Linux (Definite
>7) If so how? It runs from an Aztech Souncard interface.

Probably.  The module you'll need is under "Non-ATAPI, Non-SCSI CD-ROMs"
when you "make menuconfig".  Since you didn't give the exact make and
model of the CD or the sound card, I can't tell you the exact option
you'll need, but you'll probably recognize it when you see it.

If you're asking whether you can install Linux on a computer that only has
that particular CD-ROM drive available, that's also possible.  You'll have
to boot from a boot/install floppy (all major distros provide these) and
select your particular CD-ROM drive from a list of drives before beginning
the install process (under "Non-SCSI, Non-IDE CD-ROMs" again.)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows      /\    "Man could not stare too long at the face
\----[this space for rent]-----/  \   of the Computer or her children and still

Panasonic Cr5X CD

Post by dances.with.cr.. » Thu, 29 Jun 2000 04:00:00

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000 07:30:15 GMT, Mike Nevin

 ether:

Quote:>Anyone know whether you can run a panasonic interface CD on Linux
 (Definite
>7) If so how? It runs from an Aztech Souncard interface.

Probably.  The module you'll need is under "Non-ATAPI, Non-SCSI
 CD-ROMs"
when you "make menuconfig".  Since you didn't give the exact make and
model of the CD or the sound card, I can't tell you the exact option
you'll need, but you'll probably recognize it when you see it.

If you're asking whether you can install Linux on a computer that
 only has
that particular CD-ROM drive available, that's also possible.  You'll
 have
to boot from a boot/install floppy (all major distros provide these)
 and
select your particular CD-ROM drive from a list of drives before
 beginning
the install process (under "Non-SCSI, Non-IDE CD-ROMs" again.)

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows      /\    "Man could not stare too long
 at the face
\----[this space for rent]-----/  \   of the Computer or her children
 and still
 \There is no Darkness in Eternity \  remain as Man." --David Zindell
 "So did
But only Light too dim for us to see\ they become Gods, or
 Usenetters?" --/me

1. Panasonic CD-532 CD-ROM: Problem Child?

A few days ago,  I posted a note about problems with SCSI bus errors when
running my 486-33 at full speed.  Now it looks like the culprit is my
CD-ROM drive.

I wasn't using it under DOS,  but I installed Adaptec's EZ-SCSI drivers,
and suddenly started getting the same kinds of symptoms.

I don't think the drive is bad,  because I used it for a while on my OS/2
system.  But I suspect it's slow coming out of a bus reset,  or perhaps
has some problem with getting commands too close together.  It's
*probably* not a cable problem:  it's on a short (about 18") ribbon cable,
and the hard drive is working fine under both DOS and Linux.

Has anyone else had success/problems with this model?  It identifies
itself as a version "2.5a".

Thanks,

Ran

2. ACPI cpufreq functionality on SMP?

3. Adaptec 1520i with Panasonic CD/PD drive and 4x Oak CD-ROM install HELP!!

4. Unable to connect to some host, while other box does

5. Panasonic CD-RW 7585 locks up computer on CD-R recording

6. http://elchute.bairesweb.com/index.asp

7. Infomagic CD installation, panasonic CD-rom mount error

8. arp on RS/6000

9. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

10. Panasonic CD-503 SCSI CD-ROM drive support

11. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

12. Panasonic 10X 5 CD Changer

13. Panasonic D720 CD-ROM