PAS 16/SCSI CD-ROM

Post by Roadki » Tue, 05 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I am having much fun with Linux. I am no rookie with operating systems but I
am having a little problem. I am running the PAS16 SCSI CD-ROM - I think it's
a trantor drive - and Linux seems to be upset about it. I can access the setup

and anything else on the CD (Slackware) but when I select the file sets and
say "GO" it loses it's mind. Gives me errors about unrecognized CD-ROM drive.

The boot kernal I'm using is scsinet2 - which says it supports the ProAudio
Spectrum 16 and Trantor.

What gives?????? :-{

I also checked sunSite under kernal/patches/cdrom - no luck.

It HAS to be something very simple and I will probably be appropriatly
embarrassed when I hear the answer.........

Thanks in advance

Roadkill

CAUTION!....You too could be a speedbump on the information superhighway!

1. Problem with MEDIAVISION PAS-16 SCSI CD-ROM

I am trying to install the Slackware version 2.0 off of CD-ROM. When I try
to boot using the bootdisk made using \bootdsk0\scsi I get the
response below. It looks like Linux is recognizing the scsi interface and
the CD-ROM but the system just hangs ( with drive A still spinning ).

I am using the MediaVision MV-1000 PAS-16 sound card with SCSI interface to
the CDR-H93MV CD-ROM ( does anybody know who really makes the CD-ROM? )

scsi0: at 0x388 irq 10 options CAN_QUEUE=32 CMD_PER_LUN=2 release=1
       generic options AUTOPROBE_IRQ AUTOSENSE PSEUDO DMA generic release=4
scsi0: PRO AudioSpectrum - 16 SCSI
scsi: 1 hosts.
      Vendor: MEDIAVIS     Model: CDR-H93MV Rev 1.32
      Type: CD-ROM         ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, id 1, lun 0
scsi0: resetting for second half of retries  <---- here is where it hangs!

I have seen some other posts that reference the boot command:
  linux max_scsi_luns=1 pas16=0x388,255
Will this help in my case? Thanks in advance for any help on this problem!

2. webserver

3. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

4. Why I can't use filter? [Printing]

5. PAS 16 SCSI, Toshiba 4x CD-ROM, help

6. ppp inside firewall can't reach net ???????

7. Anyone using Linux with PAS-16 SCSI and Chinon 535 CD-ROM??

8. Is there a way to flush the DNS cache?

9. Problem with PAS 16 & Chinon CDS-535 CD-ROM Drive

10. which audio cd player for PAS 16 NEC CD ROM?

11. PAS 16 - recording off CD-ROM audio

12. Weird PAS-16 CD-ROM and LILO problems

13. Help with CD-ROM and PAS/16