AMD scsi drivers

Post by conv -Mike Gardne » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

        I am also trying to get my HP Vectra to the point
where I can run Linux, I have found the AM53C974.03 driver src
in the tsx-11/pub/linux/ALPHA area, but that driver does not
seem to recognize the chipset in the Vectra. If I can figure
out what needs to be changed to make it work, I will forward
the info to you, Please do the same if you find anything out.

AMD scsi drivers

Post by Dave R. Madse » Wed, 05 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>    I am also trying to get my HP Vectra to the point
>where I can run Linux, I have found the AM53C974.03 driver src
>in the tsx-11/pub/linux/ALPHA area, but that driver does not
>seem to recognize the chipset in the Vectra. If I can figure
>out what needs to be changed to make it work, I will forward
>the info to you, Please do the same if you find anything out.

I am also looking for drivers/patches for my Vectra.  For reference,
my HP XU/90 has the AMD 79C974KC SCSI chip in it.  I have tried the
AM53C974 driver, like you, without success.  Looks like they aren't
compatible.. :(

Dave

--
Dave R. Madsen        | Computer Science Department | Office: 108 Atanasoff

======================>  Finger for PGP public key  <======================

AMD scsi drivers

Post by Dave R. Madse » Sun, 09 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>    I am also trying to get my HP Vectra to the point
>where I can run Linux, I have found the AM53C974.03 driver src
>in the tsx-11/pub/linux/ALPHA area, but that driver does not
>seem to recognize the chipset in the Vectra. If I can figure
>out what needs to be changed to make it work, I will forward
>the info to you, Please do the same if you find anything out.

I have modified D. Frieauff's AM53/79C974 SCSI driver so the chip is
properly detected and initialized on HP's vectra series.  I am now
using a kernel with this driver on a HP XU 5/90.  I have put together
a patch which includes version 0.3 of D. Frieauff's driver and my
modifications against the 1.3.6 kernel (it also patches cleanly against
1.3.7).  I have made the patch and a pre-compiled kernel available
at:

        ftp://sentinel.cs.iastate.edu/pub

Note that I did not write the driver, just modified it to work with
the HP PCI bios.  All the original readme and copyrights are intact..