can't load sb module into kernel

Post by Superfueld Freaksicl » Tue, 29 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Greetings from Newbie land,

Trying to configure my SoundBlaster 16 to run on CalderaOL 2.2
i tried loading the sb module and got the following error message:

# insmod sb
/lib/modules/2.2.5/sound/sb.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
#

How do I figure out what device it's referring to and once i do, how do
i fix it?

(it's PnP, so i already set up isapnp.conf according to the default SB16
irq, i/o, dma settings)
As far as i can tell all that's really left to get the damn thimng
configured is to install the module into the kernel but this error is
really pissing me off

-Superfueld Freaksicle

1. Error: 'Can't load module '/kernel': no such file or directory

Hi All,

Tried installing 4.2-Release on an AMD K2-350 box equipped with 128M ram and
generic ATA drives but the install floppy fails with the following error:

can't load module '/kernel': no such file or directory.

I've tried a new floppy and even went as far as booting with a 3.5 install
floppy but got the same error message.

Thanks in advance.

2. Problem: Squid & routing

3. cannot load SB-Module Kernel 2.1.131

4. 24-bit color & CDE Summary:

5. SB 5.1 driver doesn't load, kernel 2.4.14

6. ps hangs on Solaris 2.3

7. module doesn't load in kernel 2.2.x SMP

8. Microsoft Responds "RAND Patents: A great thing" (unexpected Richard Sallman disagrees)

9. Modules aren't loaded after 2.2.5 or 2.2.9 kernel compile

10. 2.4.x kernel won't load ncr53c8xx as module

11. Kernel won't load my CD-ROM driver module

12. Can't load modules into kernel

13. Modules aren't loaded after 2.2.5 or 2.2.9 kernel recompile