SiS 7012 under Red Hat 8.0

Post by Stuart » Mon, 04 Nov 2002 02:20:48

hi all,
i have a sony vaio with a SiS 7012 sound card which will not work under Red
Hat 8.0.  I tried the driver from the SiS linux driver site, but it spit out
a bunch of errors when i used the install script, and now it says some stuff
when i boot about "blah blah blah.o will taint the kernel" or something. can
anyone help me with this please?

thanks in advance,
Stuart

SiS 7012 under Red Hat 8.0

Post by Bob » Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:59:08

> hi all,
> i have a sony vaio with a SiS 7012 sound card which will not work under Red
> Hat 8.0.  I tried the driver from the SiS linux driver site, but it spit out
> a bunch of errors when i used the install script, and now it says some stuff
> when i boot about "blah blah blah.o will taint the kernel" or something. can
> anyone help me with this please?

> thanks in advance,
> Stuart

http://www.alsa-project.org
That chip is supported by Alsa.

1. SIS 7012 audio and SIS 650 grpahic

Hi
I have problem with SIS 7012 card under linux.  Namely I've bought a
notebook with SIS7012 on board. But any trials of activating it ended with
error. I have tried native driver from the kernel  2.4.20 and ALSA driver.
Logs show that the sound device is found with wrong irq. OS tries to assign
irq0 and gives up. Under WIndows it works with irq10.
I have also troubles with graphics card (SIS 650). It works fine with
genereric VESA driver, but instalation of native SIS driver (downwloaded
form SIS homepage) hangs the computer (X 4.2).
Have you any idea about it?
thanks in advance
Irek Szczygiel

2. socket programming in module HOWTO?

3. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

4. serial port drivers (i.e. cua3, cua4, ....)

5. Red Hat 7.1 - Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already installed.

6. SCSI parity enabled or disabled?

7. SiS 7012 sound card not working

8. Need Help Setting Up Linux. Earn $$$!

9. ECS k7s5a audio sound SiS 735 - 7012

10. SiS 7012 sound card wont work

11. Sound record vs RH9/SIS 7012

12. Asus P4S8X - SiS 7012 audio with C-Media 9739 codec

13. SiS 7012 config Patch for 2.4.20-dj2