Seagate Tapestore 3200 EIDE drive

Post by Vladimir Pavlovi » Mon, 21 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anybody know if Seagate's T-store 3200 EIDE interface tape drives
are supported in Linux?  I think that I saw a Linux tape backup software
that claims to support IDE tape drives, but I don't seem to be able to
find it any more.

-- Vladimir

Seagate Tapestore 3200 EIDE drive

Post by Anssi Yl?tal » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> Does anybody know if Seagate's T-store 3200 EIDE interface tape drives
> are supported in Linux?  I think that I saw a Linux tape backup software
> that claims to support IDE tape drives, but I don't seem to be able to
> find it any more.

IDE-tapedrives are supported. You may have recompile your kernel with
IDE-TAPE support. I have used taper-program by Yusuf Nagree which support
IDE-tapedrives as well.

Quote:> -- Vladimir

Anssi

1. HP Colorodo 3000 and Seagate TapeStore 3200 problems

Greetings,

I am trying to get one of these two drives to work on my new Linux box.
I am using the floppy controller on the motherboard.  I have no floppy drive
connected.  I am using the 2.0.29 kernel, and all I get is 'device I/O'
errors, or simply a long wait before anything happens.

The funny thing is, I can run a Colorodo 250MB drive (on another system), and
it works great.  If I unplug it and run either of these other two, nothing
happens.  The tape doesn't even start to move.

I am very confused, and frustrated.  Does any one have any success and/or
horror stories about this?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew

2. Remote server monitoring software

3. Tape Drive for Linux : IOMega 3200 or Conner 3200

4. how do simulate getch in unix

5. Seagate TapeStore 8GB IDE Tape Drive

6. Solaris syscall internals

7. Seagate Tapestore STT28000a-rft ATAPI Tape drive

8. Set up of Gnome and KDE

9. EIDE-drive Seagate 1Gb in two drive emulation mode - suggestions?

10. Support for Seagate Tapestor-3200 by ftape?

11. Seagate TapeStor 3200

12. Seagate Tape-Stor 3200

13. Seagate EIDE Tape Drive (CTT8000R)