actiontec 56K pci internal modem

Post by bdlyn » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 15:55:09

I have a 56K Actiontec PCI call waiting modem.

From everything I've read this should run on Linux (RedHat 7.0 out of the
box)
This is a dual boot system with Win98 so I know the modem is functional
On Windows it connect to Com3, and properties show port 0xb000 and irq 5

cat /proc/pci finds the modem
    address 0xb000 and IRQ 5
I've run
    setserial /dev/ttyS2 uart 16550A port 0xb000 irq 5 skip_test
and added it to rc.local

Also tried /dev/ttyS3 (as per Actiontec instructions)

With kppp I on connect, I get modem busy
stty -a < /dev/ttyS2 gives an error message

I'm setup to boot as a non PNP OS (though I've tried both)

The only possible irq conflict I can find is with the PCI USB which also
uses irq 5.
Nothing is connected to the USB.

I have 2 RS232 serial ports on and they show up in dmesg - /dev/ttyS0 and
/dev/ttyS1

The video card, Nvidia, motherboard ASUS and sound card, Sound Blaster Live
and ethernet card are all Linux compatible according to their own
documentation on on line
searches.

Does anyone have ideas of what I can try?  I tried to be very careful re
compatibility when I put
this system together and it's very discouraging.  I've searched the web and
all source says it should work.

It seems like there are lots of ways to test that it's not working but
nothing to test what's wrong.  Are they
any utilities that could help in this regard, ie something that will tell me
that Linux has an irq conflict or?

Brandie

1. Fw: actiontec 56K pci internal modem

I have a 56K Actiontec PCI call waiting modem.

From everything I've read this should run on Linux (RedHat 7.0 out of the
[...]

2. Running remote X-window applications

3. Actiontec 56k internal PCI Call-Waiting modem.

4. WolfPack's official web page completed!

5. actiontec 56k pci pro internal anybody use/used this

6. IBM PS/1 and Linux (Slackware 3.4)

7. Actiontec Call Waiting 56K PCI V92 Modem

8. Linux 2.4.7 on a National Semiconductor Geode?

9. Actiontec 56K Call Waiting Modem V92 PCI

10. Hayes PCI Accura 56K Internal Modem - Support?

11. ELAS PCI 56k MICROLINK internal modem under linux.

12. Rockwell 56K Internal PCI modem support?

13. Rockwell PCI Internal 56K Modem