Problem: USR Sportster 33.6 Internal

Post by Nikodemu » Wed, 13 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I have the modem set up, but I'm having problems getting it to work
correctly:

Under Redhat 6.1, the modem is jumpered to COM2, IRQ3 (0x0f8?)

It dials my ISP and logs in okay, but after receiving 10-100K of info
(about 15-30 seconds after the connection is made), it stops receiving.
The connection is still there, and I can hang up using the ppp utility
(the one that comes with Redhat 6.1/enlightenment), but nothing more
will be received (or, at most I'll get a few more bytes after waiting
30-60 seconds then it will stop again).  I had this problem with Redhat
5.x a few years ago and eventually gave up (so I don't think it's the
ppp utilities because I used different ones).