Gateway's P5-120 Triple deck 4x CD-ROM

Post by Stephen Bens » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

In the UK Gateway has just started advertising its Aladdin/Triton Pentium cfgs
-- for delivery in 4-6 weeks. It includes a "Quad Speed CD-ROM/Disk Changer"
(IDE interface) -- I believe this does some clever trick where it maps all
three disks to drives, and then slots in the right platter when that drive is
called.

Now, even if my understanding is flawed (likely), has anyone seen/got one of
these running under Linux?

They claim 4 week delivery, though it looks like 6 right now as they get the
new production run setup. Gives me two weeks to find a better deal, or find
out any bugs with the configuration.