Trying to install a serial card with a Netmos 9845 Chipset

Trying to install a serial card with a Netmos 9845 Chipset

Post by Gar » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 21:56:02

I inherited a SYBA PCI 32 bit 4 port serial card with a Netmos 9845
chipset, and I'm trying to install it in my Dell Dimension 8100
running Redhat 7.1 with a 2.4.3 kernel.  When I installed the hardware
and booted, the Redhat boot process recognized that I installed new
hardware, but called it an unknown device and asked me what I wanted to
do.  I clicked on Configure and the system came up normally.

When I checked my dmesg output, I saw that only ttyS00 was listed
(there is one serial port on the motherboard) and assumed my kernel
did not recognize the card.  I searched the newsgroups for other
questions about this card, looked in the HARDWARE-Howto and
SERIAL-Howto, and searched the Documentation that came with my kernel
without finding a solution.

I would appreciate any advice that could help me get this card
working on my system or a suggestion for some documentation I could
look at.

Gary

1. Trying to install a serial card with a Netmos 9845 Chipset

I inherited a SYBA PCI 32 bit 4 port serial card with a Netmos 9845
chipset, and I'm trying to install it in my Dell Dimension 8100
running Redhat 7.1 with a 2.4.3 kernel.  When I installed the hardware
and booted, the Redhat boot process recognized that I installed new
hardware, but called it an unknown device.  I clicked on Configure and
the system came up normally.

When I checked my dmesg output, I saw that only ttyS00 was listed
(there is one serial port on the motherboard) and assumed my kernel
did not recognize the card.  I searched the newsgroups for other
questions about this card, looked in the HARDWARE-Howto and
SERIAL-Howto, and searched the Documentation that came with my kernel.
 Finally, I hit the wall.

So, I would appreciate any advice that could help me get this card
working on my system or a suggestion for some documentation I could
look at.

Gary

2. HACMP 4.4.0 and snmpd

3. Netmos Nm9835cV serial card

4. mail bound file retrieval software

5. Trying to install an Equinox Super Serial card

6. Ftape error... HELP!

7. Need patch NetMos 9835 for 2S PCI card

8. MIB for HP Advancestack J2603B SNMP Module.

9. Netmos PCI parallel card

10. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably uns upported card)

11. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably unsupported card)

12. Trying to install Redhat 9 Serial ATA drive

13. Trying to setup 16650 UART serial card in FreeBSD 3.3